Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not Nokia N8 ??

Default Why not Nokia N8 ??

I am curious, I notice that the Nokia N8 is not advertised on any of the three mobile provide sites. anyone have an idea as to why?

Not so long ago, there were a plethora of Nokia phones available to the customers of the the three companies. now the offerings are so few, one has to wonder if the Nokia brand is being phased out.
    Simple is good.

I Honestly think they only purchase phones by Frequency range .. to make sure their customers can't really run away to another company .. , and if my thoughts were in fact true then the Nokia N8 is their worse fear due to to its penta band and will work on any carrier your throw it to .. i should know , i played around with mine with multiple sim cards and they work perfectly fine
    Last edited by FossilWolf; Mar 19, 2011 at 09:18 PM.
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

I have a nokia n8 for about a week now. i love it

All my friends love it too. The only thing I dont like about it is it easily slips out of your hand.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

in my opinion its because more ppl are gravitating towards BBs,Iphones and Android devices and not so much towards symbian....its a fairly simple strategy, dont buy what's not gonna sell

Other than me i have only seen a girl and another guy with a n8. its not popular.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Other than me i have only seen a girl and another guy with a n8. its not popular.
    n8 sell alot quit a few persons in ja have n8 out of the box the phone is slow and lagy when jailbroken its a nice phone.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    n8 sell alot quit a few persons in ja have n8 out of the box the phone is slow and lagy when jailbroken its a nice phone.
    As to nokia what do you call jail breaking? Is there unofficial symbian os floating around? I might not know.

Mine is unlocked, not laggy at all. i would surely toss it if your statements were true.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

More than likely the telecom providers made some cost effective contracts with companies other than Nokia. Hey.. it's Nokia. That brand probably thrives in Europe anyway. Notice the unusual brands available nowadays? They offer other devices that darn near suck (sorry had to say) to push ppl towards BB . Neither do they want to compete with the countless ppl who sell unlocked devices. Not sure if symbian is very up to the time OS either in terms of features.

So based on the comments thus far I can say that these reasons make sense

1. cost effective ( I notice the Coral brand,,,, cheap phones made by Huawei)
    2. Contract with other manufacturers. (Blackberry comes to mind)
    3. Network accessibility. ( easy migration to another provider)

However, I would have thought that the Nokia Goodwill could have been easily capitalized upon with those who are not "into" the techie gimmickry of "Smartphones", with mobile providers just selling the phone as a familiar, well balanced instrument that is on par or even better than the Blackberry.
    Simple is good.

Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    So based on the comments thus far I can say that these reasons make sense

1. cost effective ( I notice the Coral brand,,,, cheap phones made by Huawei)
    2. Contract with other manufacturers. (Blackberry comes to mind)
    3. Network accessibility. ( easy migration to another provider)

However, I would have thought that the Nokia Goodwill could have been easily capitalized upon with those who are not "into" the techie gimmickry of "Smartphones", with mobile providers just selling the phone as a familiar, well balanced instrument that is on par or even better than the Blackberry.
    giving a n8 to a none techie is a bad idea. it is surely a techies device.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup