Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 9 (Final) is Here

Default Internet Explorer 9 (Final) is Here

Hey Windows Vista And Windows 7 and Server 08 users!
    IE9 is finally here

IE9 Website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...oducts/ie/home
    Download: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...wide-languages
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 15, 2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: added link to more info about IE9

Here is a review of the browser for those who want to read about it before trying it out: http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Ex...-10497433.html

First problem that caught my eye was the tabs and location bar on the same row. Seems apparent that not many persons at MS use a lot of tabs. But glad to know MS left an option to move the tabs on a row of it's own.

Apart from that, I'm glad MS is getting somewhere with IE, in terms of features. Won't find any love from me though. Still afraid to surf the internet with IE.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

imma download this now n c what all the fuss is about

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Here is a review of the browser for those who want to read about it before trying it out: http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Ex...-10497433.html

First problem that caught my eye was the tabs and location bar on the same row. Seems apparent that not many persons at MS use a lot of tabs. But glad to know MS left an option to move the tabs on a row of it's own.

Apart from that, I'm glad MS is getting somewhere with IE, in terms of features. Won't find any love from me though. Still afraid to surf the internet with IE.
    Afraid, due to what?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Afraid, due to what?
    Something jumps out and bites me.

• Any number of security holes in IE that can be manipulated through activex or java or flash that can affect me just by visiting a site using IE.
    • Any number of security holes in IE that MS have not fixed over the years because it's not a high level bug and no hacker has taken advantage of it yet to do something malicious.
    • Any number of of security holes that MS does not know about but can still affect me.

Every time I see an IE bug in the wild and read up on how it is accomplished, it continues to turn me away from using the browser. As my firewall or anti-virus (if i had one) won't protect me from such bugs.

I feel much safer surfing the internet using Chrome or Firefox (Opera too) as I feel they do a much better job at securing the browser and fixing bugs as they get them. More so with Chrome that has a sandbox feature built into it.

On top of that, many viruses/trojans choose to use IE's activex controls to open pages in the background, and IE doesn't do much to notify you that a page is opening. You know like the MS Help files in programs when you press F1?

It's why I have set my firewall to ask me when IE is trying to access the internet, so I know if a program/virus/trojan/bug trying to connect sneakily behind my back using IE.

Lots of ways Anubis. Lots of ways to get in via IE. But at least they are making it harder for hackers. Just haven't reached that stage yet where I am comfortable surfing with it.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Most ppl use IE, alot o ppl i know only know IE,thus they dont know what is a browser,they only know how to double click the "e",what i think is not only is ms not neck to neck with the hackers...etc but since its the most common browser,then it wil be most likely to be attacked to cause widespread attack quickly.
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Something jumps out and bites me.

• Any number of security holes in IE that can be manipulated through activex or java or flash that can affect me just by visiting a site using IE.
    • Any number of security holes in IE that MS have not fixed over the years because it's not a high level bug and no hacker has taken advantage of it yet to do something malicious.
    • Any number of of security holes that MS does not know about but can still affect me.

Every time I see an IE bug in the wild and read up on how it is accomplished, it continues to turn me away from using the browser. As my firewall or anti-virus (if i had one) won't protect me from such bugs.

I feel much safer surfing the internet using Chrome or Firefox (Opera too) as I feel they do a much better job at securing the browser and fixing bugs as they get them. More so with Chrome that has a sandbox feature built into it.

On top of that, many viruses/trojans choose to use IE's activex controls to open pages in the background, and IE doesn't do much to notify you that a page is opening. You know like the MS Help files in programs when you press F1?

It's why I have set my firewall to ask me when IE is trying to access the internet, so I know if a program/virus/trojan/bug trying to connect sneakily behind my back using IE.

Lots of ways Anubis. Lots of ways to get in via IE. But at least they are making it harder for hackers. Just haven't reached that stage yet where I am comfortable surfing with it.
    Hhhmm well I use to primary use Mozilla then it became Firefox I always use to think that IE was more secure but the Fox, Safari, Opera etc.... were just faster so I would use those when I wanted speed but IE when I wanted to do secure transactions (I guess I have been shooting myself in the leg) but what about that incident when Chrome was over looking certain vulnerabilities it made the news once I think you were even the one who posted the article.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    Most ppl use IE, alot o ppl i know only know IE,thus they dont know what is a browser,they only know how to double click the "e",what i think is not only is ms not neck to neck with the hackers...etc but since its the most common browser,then it wil be most likely to be attacked to cause widespread attack quickly.
    Well i dont really think so, most people user Firefox and even if they are using IE once they try firefox they wont go back

I use the beta version for some time, its coming along enu......but it seems to drag but i guess it was still in the testing phase. Google Chrome is the way.......
    "There's nobody getting rich writing software that I know of." Bill Gates

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system." Bill Gates