Thread: Statement made by Bill Gates

Default Statement made by Bill Gates

"To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination - and the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates at a Macintosh conference in 1984.

What's the aim of this speech?
    EQUIVALENT ENTERPRISE

I'm guessing his opinion has changed since then?

I guess he remembered that statement after shipping Vista and issued an apology in the form of Win7. Apology accepted.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    I guess he remembered that statement after shipping Vista and issued an apology in the form of Win7. Apology accepted.
    lol....dat a tru still.....but im guessing his point is that bill gates was talkin bout a mac instead of a pc

Well in all fairness Mac a OS and a system type. Bill makes the OS but not the system so he couldn't really talk about a pc that way I think...

Default O lookee here...

Dave: How should Apple proceed now? What do you think of Steve J's stewardship?

Steve: Steve Jobs doesn't use a Mac and won't because it's too crappy in his opinion. Perhaps this is the only sort of person that can take the necessary steps to guide Apple to profitability and future success. I think that there were still alternatives that would have been better for Macintosh owners. We could have taken a slower approach to a future OS and kept the value of a Macintosh purchase higher by devoting resources to developing drivers for recent PC hardware, to not leave Macintosh users out. This would have kept the price of Macintosh computers higher. We could have done this and still proceeded on Rhapsody or whatever.
    An Interview with Steve Wozniak, Co-founder of Apple, 1998
    So dude makes a crappy system, but his chief competitor loves it?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdalla View Post
    "To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination - and the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates at a Macintosh conference in 1984.
    How Prophetic!!!
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau