Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel Buys Claro Jamaica !!!

Well if you look at it technically, Claro came here and were Lame in there Offering and Promotions,.. with the amount of money they had they could have blown Digicel out the water with some very good strategic planning,.. But instead they just hide in the shadows as if they were just waiting to be bought out lol ...

Carlos is a Business man still set to make money .. Good move this him mek still ... lol .. Pocket even nicer after this..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

apart from the surprise factor, nothing really astonishing about this venture.

No doubt discussed by 2 very wealthy men over milk and cookies.

Hey, we have the market here...we'll take it off your hands, you have the market there...take it off our hands. (B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S)

win win for everybody if you ask me. The tell tale signs of the intelligence of Mr. Slim.

Headlines like this is why is he still the RICHEST man in the world
    Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.

Quote Originally Posted by teeveejaa View Post
    Heard about it today too and it is certainly not good news for Jamaica.

We were seeing signs that Claro was not willing to spend too much money in Jamica.
    Thanks for nothing Claro. Digicel Fanboys will realize soon enough that this is real bad news for consumers. We forget that Claro only came to Jamaica to upset Digicel's Cash cow as a means of slowing Digicels expansion into Latin America. Claro has never had any interest in Jamaica but only used Jamaica to upset Digicels Revenue stream. As we can see the ploy worked as the deal is based on Digicel pulling out of Honduras and El Salvador I guess we can soon kiss lower prices good bye.

Claro Never Came to compete but just to pressure Digicel by lowering margins. So we are now left to an incompetent, uncompetitive Lime and a now much stronger Digicel. I don't see how there is a positive in this for consumers.
    Last edited by jamaicakevkev; Mar 11, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Digicel for 3g, but have no fear another company will be here soon i think
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

that sounds like a 2 for 1 deal. why would digicel give up two countries?

gone too soon will be the new tune

Those with keen insight will see that if anybody has lost here it has no doubt been the consumers of Jamaica
    Last edited by Kwapster; Mar 11, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.

I saw this coming....
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Lime should quit their mobile service and focus on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRudy View Post
    Lime should quit their mobile service and focus on internet.
    Flow and Dekal got them in that department. Too little too late if you ask me. Lime should quit all together. Make digicel and flow an offer they cant refuse

Now Digicel will have the biggest and fastest 3g network in Jamaica.What LIME is going to do to disrupt the flow?