Thread: New photo of the Nokia E6 pops up, solves the touchscreen dilema

Default New photo of the Nokia E6 pops up, solves the touchscreen dilema

This isn't the first time we see images of the E6 get leaked, but this time around the photo shows the phone running. And by the looks of it, we think there should hardly be any doubts about its touch display.

So far all the info we have for the Nokia E6 is from a leaked Nokia XML, saying it'll pack a 2.6-inch screen with a resolution of 640x480 pixels (a first for a touch Nokia). The 8MP fixed focus camera was confirmed by the previous series of leaked shots. Symbian^3 seems to be the operating system of choice, but the E6 might as well be a part of the Touch and Type line of S40 Nokia devices though it would be unfitting for the E-series.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/new_photo_of...-news-2404.php

keep trying... smh
    CONTACT INFO : CALL/TXT/WHATS-APP >>> 1 (876) 856 2013

lol this looks so much like a bb....Fail
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

bb has set the trend i guess@pezz,i gues its a pretty good form factor--more wil follow

me love the e-series esp the E63,plannin to migrate to one when the money ripen
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    This is the evolution of a concept and a design coming from 2005.

This is nothing new and cannot be considered a fail from marketing perspective nor is it a mere bb look alike since the convergence of many of the phones features begun in the 2005 when the smart phone market was in its embryonic stages.

The Nokia E - Series devices were originally positioned as Nokia's integrated business oriented model.

E61 Released 2005

The E series phones are thus one of the early pioneer smart-phones.

A legacy design born from market trends already set by convergence of PDA + CellPhone.

This legacy design does not really intend to look like the blackberry... since the blackberry was actually LATE to the scene with this overall look.

However there is now a deliberate effort to maintain this legacy look for the E series candy-bar models. The trigger was in 2007 after the release of the then trendsetting and popular Blackberry Curve

RIM was then the hottest smart phone device maker. Trend setting and its growth was a surprise. The Curve was a hit. however if anybody intimated anybody it would be the RIM device imitating the Nokia one... but with "trackball and effective push technology"

At the time Nokia did not have effective push technology.

Today, since RIM has ancient technology and design issues... Nokia intendeds to poach frustrated BB customers by keeping the legacy design in the E-61 family.

The hope is to present an up-to-date alternative device that appears to offer a smooth migration for BB users to Nokia.

Excellent business strategy, if they execute it properly.

Corporate customers are wary of changes that are radical and love to work with things that look and feel familiar and reduce the perception of a steep learning curve.

Ergo. Nokia is operating from a strategic perspective that demands that you know your target market (frustrated BB users) and give them what they want.

If the target market wants more advanced "BB look a-likes", with modern 2011 integrated office features and push email technology, give it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    bb has set the trend i guess@pezz,i gues its a pretty good form factor--more wil follow

me love the e-series esp the E63,plannin to migrate to one when the money ripen
    The blackberry did not set the design and look trend.

However the blackberry existed long before it evolved into a smart-phone concept. It was originally a 1990's pager style text based messaging only device that displaced the weak security prone sidekick device.

Then RIM integrated PDA features and gradually their products morphed into

then...

following the early 2005 Nokia E series line up... the curve was born in 2007....

You must remember that NOKIA in 2005, 2006 and 2007 were considerd the mobile phone kings. Any design they had was going to be emulated in some shape or form.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

The blackberry did not set the design and look trend
    very good info,lookin back i do remember a monocrome nokia w/gprs that had a similar design,think it was the 8xxx series just that it had the normal key board
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    very good info,lookin back i do remember a monocrome nokia w/gprs that had a similar design,think it was the 8xxx series just that it had the normal key board
    and the old palms too.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    LOL, its not a BB design still. Its a form factor that they have always used even the famous E71. your memory no that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    This is the evolution of a concept and a design coming from 2005.

This is nothing new and cannot be considered a fail from marketing perspective nor is it a mere bb look alike since the convergence of many of the phones features begun in the 2005 when the smart phone market was in its embryonic stages.

The Nokia E - Series devices were originally positioned as Nokia's integrated business oriented model.

E61 Released 2005

The E series phones are thus one of the early pioneer smart-phones.

A legacy design born from market trends already set by convergence of PDA + CellPhone.

This legacy design does not really intend to look like the blackberry... since the blackberry was actually LATE to the scene with this overall look.

However there is now a deliberate effort to maintain this legacy look for the E series candy-bar models. The trigger was in 2007 after the release of the then trendsetting and popular Blackberry Curve

RIM was then the hottest smart phone device maker. Trend setting and its growth was a surprise. The Curve was a hit. however if anybody intimated anybody it would be the RIM device imitating the Nokia one... but with "trackball and effective push technology"

At the time Nokia did not have effective push technology.

Today, since RIM has ancient technology and design issues... Nokia intendeds to poach frustrated BB customers by keeping the legacy design in the E-61 family.

The hope is to present an up-to-date alternative device that appears to offer a smooth migration for BB users to Nokia.

Excellent business strategy, if they execute it properly.

Corporate customers are wary of changes that are radical and love to work with things that look and feel familiar and reduce the perception of a steep learning curve.

Ergo. Nokia is operating from a strategic perspective that demands that you know your target market (frustrated BB users) and give them what they want.

If the target market wants more advanced "BB look a-likes", with modern 2011 integrated office features and push email technology, give it to them.

The blackberry did not set the design and look trend.

However the blackberry existed long before it evolved into a smart-phone concept. It was originally a 1990's pager style text based messaging only device that displaced the weak security prone sidekick device.

Then RIM integrated PDA features and gradually their products morphed into

then...

following the early 2005 Nokia E series line up... the curve was born in 2007....

You must remember that NOKIA in 2005, 2006 and 2007 were considerd the mobile phone kings. Any design they had was going to be emulated in some shape or form.
    TEACH.

When them fanboi yah a troll them troll hard and without mercy for their own reputation as a well thinking member of the forum.

The thing can fail because it look like a BB, so silly. better him find some other fault if him no like it.
    THANK GOD