Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thermal Paste Available In Mandeville

Quote Originally Posted by MiniKilla View Post
    smartbox at groove court has some really high end board but them cant buy cause most of them have white man prices
    white man prices? how about most white ppl always looking for a deal is black ppl more to buy expensive and overpriced things, im sure if u checked on amazon those boards would be quite cheap, computer stores out here Just tief
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    white man prices? how about most white ppl always looking for a deal is black ppl more to buy expensive and overpriced things, im sure if u checked on amazon those boards would be quite cheap, computer stores out here Just tief
    Much agreed. Though you have to consider them when they need to make a profit. When you buy a board or graphics card for USD$200 / JMD$17,600 and have to pay tax of JMD$3,080 plus shipping fee of JMD$1,800 you just spent JMD$22,480 on a decent board. If you see the board selling out here for JMD$25,000 then it not too bad considering that them have to make some profit. But when people want to sell it for all JMD$30,000 then I start to get somewhat picky, granted that is about 30% markup and at that I expect to get even 6 months warranty- the problem I have is when them mark it up way beyond 30% and then tell you that is like one month warranty you going get. That is slackness.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

here is my 2cent
    1 every one keep comparing amazon and newegg price with price in Jamaica, here is my question find something you buy from amazon or newegg, how much you pay to clear it and factor in rent and employee, yes you may find a friend who can bring it down or you may have a credit card that's good but as a company you have to calculate price at 2.5 markup to cover all cost or how else would you stay in business,
    either that or you buy from a wholesale company in jamaica, and thats why every computer shop in jamaica sell the same thing and nothing high end because it's not feasable yes you can buy one item and bring it in the country now when you buy 2/3 and up you have to pay custom fee and you have to pay shop rent and employee when you factor that in you still not profitable so consumer is left with 3 choice buy it more expensive from the person who import it or if you have a credit card/paypal buy from newegg or just buy the stuff everyone sell

let pic one item in particluar here and see if you can come up with a selling price i bought a
    dock tower case $59US + ship & custom fee $20us + $1700JA profit =$8500JA come on now be fo real on the low side $1700 profit for a $30K a month rent +$10k a month light plus $20k a moth employee
    now reverse the above cost and ask one of you friend to bring it down it will be cheaper so with that say how can you expect to get high end quality if the company cannot pay their bill from the sale that leave you stuck with everyone selling the same thing

now with that say i have a store a import and buy local give my customer more option but it's more profitable selling local by than imported high end product

one other question if you buy a board from newegg and it dont work what do you do with it, to keep u customre happy most store obsorb the cost so factor all that in and if you cant sell 5 a month you still loosing
    Last edited by rvjimmy; Mar 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
    here is my 2cent
    1 every one keep comparing amazon and newegg price with price in Jamaica, here is my question find something you buy from amazon or newegg, how much you pay to clear it and factor in rent and employee, yes you may find a friend who can bring it down or you may have a credit card that's good but as a company you have to calculate price at 2.5 markup to cover all cost or how else would you stay in business,
    either that or you buy from a wholesale company in jamaica, and thats why every computer shop in jamaica sell the same thing and nothing high end because it's not feasable yes you can buy one item and bring it in the country now when you buy 2/3 and up you have to pay custom fee and you have to pay shop rent and employee when you factor that in you still not profitable so consumer is left with 3 choice buy it more expensive from the person who import it or if you have a credit card/paypal buy from newegg or just buy the stuff everyone sell

let pic one item in particluar here and see if you can come up with a selling price i bought a
    dock tower case $59US + ship & custom fee $20us + $1700JA profit =$8500JA come on now be fo real on the low side $1700 profit for a $30K a month rent +$10k a month light plus $20k a moth employee
    now reverse the above cost and ask one of you friend to bring it down it will be cheaper so with that say how can you expect to get high end quality if the company cannot pay their bill from the sale that leave you stuck with everyone selling the same thing

now with that say i have a store a import and buy local give my customer more option but it's more profitable selling local by than imported high end product

one other question if you buy a board from newegg and it dont work what do you do with it, to keep u customre happy most store obsorb the cost so factor all that in and if you cant sell 5 a month you still loosing
    I would love to support the Jcan economy but the fact that they never have the parts that I want nor the reasonable prices means that I will take my business elsewhere. I am not shy when it comes to spending money on something I want but I refuse to be overcharged by some of these greedy stores and store owners, if something costs 17,000 and the guy add on his thing on it can it come to 22 or 23g I can live with that but once it go over US$100 I draw the line
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
    here is my 2cent.........
    I would love to support the Jcan economy but.......once it go over US$100 I draw the line
    Agreed above with both of you when you read my post - unless I wasn't too clear still. But here's the thing - if I can get local warranty then no problem buying. If you thinking about shipping then there are two options that I can see - air or freight. With freight I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the only thing that the person pays for is to clear the item (barrel) and the freight cost which is the space it takes up within the container. If companies ship like that - which some of them do excepting rush orders - then they do not need to mark up the prices as much.

As I pointed out with Griffiths where his profit margin is under 40% - his prices are not bad. Yes other places are cheaper, but it's a matter of volume as well. If they all buy from the same place and he is a smaller company he cannot get as large a discount because he can't order as much, hence the larger company will give a bigger discount but the few dollars or even few hundred dollars difference doesn't matter much if U getting good service.

On the note of shipping things - you can ask some companies to ship an item for you and leave the onus on them to sort out warranty, but expect a higher cost. The problem is that places out here don't provide the same warranty that they get on the item when it is purchased overseas - primarily because the warranty is sometimes based on the time that they purchased it and not from the time it is sold to you. The down side to importing parts yourself is warranty. I had a friend who had a dead board recently and sent it back. The board was about USD$150 which is about JMD$13,200. He paid JMD$7,000 to send it back and then an additional JMD$3,000 to clear it when the new one arrived - the shipping company don't care about warranty. In the end he could have almost purchased a new board.

Fact is that most companies have too high a markup and the local resellers have a high markup as well IMO. INTCOMEX have some HIGH prices for items IMO but cheaper than the stores because the stores have to buy from INTCOMEX and then put on a markup. If you want to get a decent price you have to go directly to them, and even so they make it such a hassle. On another side they also don't carry the high-end things as pointed out earlier, which drives us overseas. If someone had the money to do the business (oh if I had the money........) then I think it could do well - especially if they would provide RMA/warranty services.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

We recently went to buy a fridge, check singer, courts and atl and the same fridge at these places cost $250,000, went to florida to brandsmart and you know what we discovered the exact same fridge selling for $80,000, we bought the fridge shipped it and cleared it through a freight company and still paid under $150,000 in total, so in the end we bought, shipped, cleared a fridge and saved over $100,000 as opposed to buying it out here, and we were told that these major retailers do in fact purchase from brandsmart and then resell at their crazy marked up prices, so what is to prevent computer companies from doign the same, who is to tell if they are buying their stuff on amazon as we are, or newegg and getting very good prices and then screwing us over

We recently went to buy a fridge, check singer, courts and atl and the same fridge at these places cost $250,000, went to florida to brandsmart and you know what we discovered the exact same fridge selling for $80,000, we bought the fridge shipped it and cleared it through a freight company and still paid under $150,000 in total, so in the end we bought, shipped, cleared a fridge and saved over $100,000 as opposed to buying it out here, and we were told that these major retailers do in fact purchase from brandsmart and then resell at their crazy marked up prices, so what is to prevent computer companies from doign the same, who is to tell if they are buying their stuff on amazon as we are, or newegg and getting very good prices and then screwing us over
    I am of the same belief. INTCOMEX locally is a bit criminal IMO - since they are a part of a much larger company I believe they get the items at a much better rate and could charge less. But as with any other company that comes here, why not rape the country anyways? The smaller companies can't help when they get the items from the bigger ones, but as you pointed out with the fridge, I am sure that they got it for even less than you did as they don't buy one or two. It's just how things are.

Back on-topic -

I found out that ULTIMATE TECH has silver thermal pads available for sale - those are the ones using a silver paste similar to Matrix or Arctic Silver but in a pad form that is pre-measured so you just put it down on your new chip and install the fan - no spreading needed.

Fenntech is on the Annex Plaza..... they say they do monitor repairs there (LCD) but i nuh too sure about carrying one there at all...........

Congrats to Unitronix for selling thermal paste. getting that thing in mndvl was a pain round back..........
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Interesting. I was looking at the AS5, it has been around for a while and is very good. Also saw the AS5 and 2 bottles of cleaner for $12 on Amazon and was tempted to buy it for use with my new CPU Heatsink. Never heard of the Matrix one though, will check it out since it would work out better to purchase it here. Thanks for the heads up

~Des
    .::i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS9700 HSF / MSI GTX 760 OC Gaming / ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 / 2x8GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3 / XFX PRO 750W PSU / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD, WD 1x500GB, 1x750GB 1x1,000GB / 2xDVD ODD / Sound Blaster Z / EarForce X12 Surround Headset / Logitech G15 Keyboard & MX518 Mouse / 27" Samsung 1080p HDTV::.

bit off topic...but anyone know where in the kingston area i cud find some?
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000