Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thermal Paste Available In Mandeville

Default Thermal Paste Available In Mandeville

http://www.arcticsilver.com/matrix.htm

There is a store in Mandeville called UNITRONIX or UNITRONICS which is on ELETHE MALL (near the BK/KFC with drive-thru) which has MATRIX available for JMD$650 each. They also have the regular white thermal paste available for JMD$50 each. This is heads-up for those who want some good stuff in the region and not sure where to get it.

Matrix vs AS5 kinda tricky. Matrix is the new thing and is not conductive, but has an approximated 300hrs burn in time before you start seeing great temp drops. AS5 shows almost immediate results from what I have seen personally. Persons online have stated temp drops after about a week of using Matrix.

Regardless, Matrix is better than most of what is available locally (especially in Mandeville) so go and get yours while stocks last. They should be keeping it up still, and they have an interesting assortment of cables and such. Funny though - no FireWire 6-4 cable seems to be available in all of Mandeville......
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

This Store is like 5 minutes drive from my house i buy items from them regular
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries
    Powered By Toyota Racing Development Old School Ova New School
    I-Phone 5 32GB> Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 N7100 Powered By Digicel Whatsapp 876-418-1744

Yung_Jah Guest

I think I need to pass by them to see what they sell....since they open, I have never been in there....Matter of fact, I havent even been in the one at Grove Court also...lol....Only called these people for a specific product.

As it stands this is how I see it in Mandeville:

SIMARTSOFT
    AKA the "Space Research Center" according to some NCU students. Prices are wacky there - some things are cheap and other things are phenomenal. They have a decent assortment of things including thumb screws.

Located on Juici plaza across from BNS Ward Avenue.

Griffiths
    Been around for a while and does a mixture of stationary and repairs. I do odd-jobs for him when I'm not on company business. If he can't handle it or I'm not available he'll refer you elsewhere. Stocks a variety of things but not much high-end. You will find some unusual things in the store, and if he doesn't have the ink for your printer on-hand he will order.

Located on Villa Plaza.

Ultimate Tech
    Fairly new place on the plaza across from Bearings & Seals. Sells a lot of accessories and is a Claro dealer as well. Only store in Mandeville that will do certain things like GPU reflow - but considering that he's a VTI past student like myself I'm not surprised. Prices are reasonable and work is done quickly. Not a lot of parts in stock, mostly for repairs and service at the moment.

Optimal Computer Systems
    Been around in Mandeville for a while. No longer stocks parts and does more service. Repairs, consultancy and networking are the primary things done these days but walking in you will find a few items on display.

Located almost across from the hospital before getting to Golf View Hotel.

FennTech
    Not sure where they are at the moment. They supposedly moved to another plaza - Caledonia Mall I think it was. They had some of the best prices in Mandeville and a decent sized stock. Would have to check to see where they are at now.

UniTronics
    Currently under new management (in the past 2 or 3 years) and has a much better stock than previously. Only place in Mandeville that I've seen thermal paste on sale. Cables and other stuff also available and prices are what are expected of Mandeville and Elethe Mall.

Shop 10 Elethe Mall - between KFC and BK.

SMARTBOX
    They have a decent stock but similar to Simartsoft the prices are up and down.

Located on Grove Court Plaza in Park Crescent.

If I were to recommend going somewhere for general servicing they would be:
    • Griffiths
    • Optimal
    • Ultimate
    • Fenn Tech
    The others are not there because I don't know what their service is like.

If I were to recommend going somewhere for in-depth work like GPU reflow or monitor repairs then it would only be:
    • Ultimate
    • Optimal
    I have no idea whether or not anyone else in Mandeville does this kind of work (as a PC store). There is one person who is an electronics engineer by the name of Mr. Jackson on Villa Road who does excellent work on all electronic gadgets ranging from TV's to PC motherboards to car ECU's.

If I were to send you somewhere for parts it would be:
    • Simartsoft
    • Smartbox
    • Fenn Tech
    • Unitronics
    Failing those you can check the rest.

Any of the stores will order parts for you so it matters not where. Prices are as Mandeville prices are at most places. You'll pay less if you shop around.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Griffiths a the wackest computer store a mandeville str8 up.
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries
    Powered By Toyota Racing Development Old School Ova New School
    I-Phone 5 32GB> Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 N7100 Powered By Digicel Whatsapp 876-418-1744

Quote Originally Posted by MiniKilla View Post
    Griffiths a the wackest computer store a mandeville str8 up.
    i thought that honor fell on simartsoft, something not right with that sort, they have about 6 women employed in there who dont seem to know anything, I remember asking for something and was told without hesitation that they do not sell it, only to point out to her that it was hanging right behind her. But I have to say I bought my Logitec x-530 speakers there for $8000 but I went back last year and the same speakers were selling for $13000
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Get to the point does Griffiths even sell a computer speaker set logitech too good fi them have put it at an usb speaker set
    Last edited by MiniKilla; Mar 10, 2011 at 10:31 AM.