Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: The Worlds first super WI-FI network in jamaica

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    529

    Default The Worlds first super WI-FI network in jamaica

    Kudos to DEkAL putting jamaica on the world's Technological map

    http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/Dek...19898.html?x=0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    393
    Country
    Jamaica

    Default

    this is impressive.......kudos to Dekal indeed
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,804
    Country
    Jamaica

    Default

    where are the areas in the second phase
    On Mar 1, 2011, Dekal Wireless with the assistance of Altai Technologies, completed phase 2 coverage bringing the final portion of Jamaica online
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Android OS, v2.3.6 (Gingerbread)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    where are the areas in the second phase
    Dude google but if you are that lazy here you go Dekal Coverage

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    I'm disappointed. By all indications, they have completed the 'coverage'? Unless I missed something. I noticed a few days ago that they are in Mobay and I called and spoke to a rep because I thought it would be best to focus on 'forgotten' areas and not those that already has multiple options.
    I'm really disappointed.
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    I'm disappointed. By all indications, they have completed the 'coverage'? Unless I missed something. I noticed a few days ago that they are in Mobay and I called and spoke to a rep because I thought it would be best to focus on 'forgotten' areas and not those that already has multiple options.
    I'm really disappointed.
    Its all about the money ...the dollar is in the densely populated area that's the cold raw reality of the situation

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Its all about the money ...the dollar is in the densely populated area that's the cold raw reality of the situation
    well that dollar is significantly depreciated when you have to battle with ten other isps. There are many in rural areas ready and willing to spend if the service is available. Irony is they claim to be providing for rural jamaica...but they stop in mobay?!
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,269
    Country
    Jamaica

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Its all about the money ...the dollar is in the densely populated area that's the cold raw reality of the situation
    so y dont they go there? they do the opposite.
    THANK GOD

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    408
    Country
    Jamaica

    Default

    Me want them expand more. So them finally reach mobay but it look like it nuh reach pon my ends yet. All i want to know is when i am downloading i want to see at least 1mbps and me good. With digi is just 50-90kbps me a get.
    MOBO-ASRock 890GX PRO3 AM3+ CASE-NZXT M59 RAM-Kingston Hyper X 1600mhz 2x2GB DDR3 CPU-AMD PHENOM II X4 965 @ 3.4ghz Stock MONITOR-HANNS.G 22'' HDMI FULL 1080p
    GPU-XFX AMD Radeon HD6870 1 GB DDR5 HDD-750GB/320GB/160GB WD/SEAGATE SATA II
    PSU-SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W 40A 80-87 PLUS BRONZE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,269
    Country
    Jamaica

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbird View Post
    Me want them expand more. So them finally reach mobay but it look like it nuh reach pon my ends yet. All i want to know is when i am downloading i want to see at least 1mbps and me good. With digi is just 50-90kbps me a get.
    for 3 grand a month. slackness, stop pay.
    THANK GOD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •