View Poll Results: Which is the top 3D fighting series?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tekken

5 29.41%
  • Virtua Fighter

1 5.88%
  • Dead or Alive

3 17.65%
  • Soul Calibur

8 47.06%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter vs. Dead or Alive vs. Soul Calibur

I would have to go for Soul Cal. However I don't think the playstation has done justice to that game. On DreamCast it made a better playing game.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

I have not gotten the chance to play Tekken 5 yet nor the new SC... I can't decide between the two because they are equally fun to play for me but If I had to choose 1 I choose Tekken.
    Master Yoda:"Strong with the force TechJamaica is"

Cool

Tekken 5 all the way.
    I got em both and i'm highly disappointed to some extent with Dead or Alive 4 for the 360.I expected alot more playable characters in story mode.I thought they would come up with a more creative boss.The controlls are nice and the game is really pretty but i think again it falls short on keeping the gamer excited enuff to wanna go thru it 10 times and not get bored.The only reason i play it so i can up my my skill for online play.Soul Caliber has never disappointed thus far.I would rank it second to Tekken 5.The new characters in Tekken are awesome and the levels are beautiful.(Especially the moon lit place with danylions in the background...sheshhhh).
    Virtua fighter would be last.Mainly because the fighting system has always been poor.the charcters are not all that great.Virtua Fighter has never been visually stunning for me and the gameplay was sub-par.
    TEKKEN 5 is the ultimate on all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by dante24
    Virtua fighter would be last.Mainly because the fighting system has always been poor.the charcters are not all that great.Virtua Fighter has never been visually stunning for me and the gameplay was sub-par.
    TEKKEN 5 is the ultimate on all levels.
    No boss. Can't agree with you there. VF4 and VF4 Evo have an excellent fighting system that is very very deep - deeper than the Tekken series - and all with 1 punch, 1 kick and 1 block button! The gameplay is great. Very fluid. You can have some spectacular fights in those games.

I agree with him though.

I have VF4 and I hardly play it.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.