Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Games are so expensive here

I think its 7000 + GCT. and the dollar is 86.7 to 1

I think one of the bigger issues is that these prices never seem to fall, unlike in other major territories. There's a valid reason fir that though, since in those countries, publishers usually absorb the cost for the price drops. Stores in Ja don't have that relationship with them, so yeah...
    Last edited by Makkah; Jan 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    I think one of the bigger issues is that these prices never seem to fall, unlike in other major territories. There's a valid reason fir that though, since in those countries, publishes usually absorb the cost for the price drops. Stores in Ja don't have that relationship with them, so yeah...
    so you would rather keep the old stock that not selling as opposed to getting new stock in
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Nope, but apparently watts new and other video game stores do.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

thats why these businesses will never go pass a certain point
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

lol, I dont know but one day I went back to a store and all the gamecube games where gone. I not sure if the sell them or give them away but price rarely go down unless the realise that the "barbie horse training" game that has been in the shelf for 10 years isn't going anywhere then they decide to put it on sale for 15% off. I mentioned the sega genisis right? yeah I did.

We do face shipping and duties which raises the landing costs when buying large quantities. We pay on average an extra 25 USD per title after duties and taxes so you looking on a landed cost of approx 85 USD.

What we at Str8Games do to combat the high landing costs is subscribe to an international pricing guide. It automatically updates prices at the click of a button. so you will never see a dated title selling for the same price after a few months. We also do Trading which is a big help to consumers. That subsidizes costs greatly especially when it comes to new titles. We have a few customers who have learnt the art of trading and pretty much get more than 50% off per transaction.

We also take suggestions from our customers as well as match prices of our competitors. We try hard to be different from the rest but it is difficult to please everyone especially if they are American Minded. Bear in mind Games in Other Caribbean territories as well as Europe are just as expensive.

Business in Jamaica is hard because the Government kills you with taxes unless you give in to corruption, and the customers complain about high prices. WTFTD????

BIG UP TO ALL THE STR8GAMES CUSTOMERS. THANKS FOR THE CONTINUED SUPPORT. LOOK OUT FOR LOCATION NUMBER SECOND THIS YEAR

well as customers it is our right to question prices, and the US is right next door plus many of us have relatives and friends living there so you have to take that into account, I recently bought 4 games and paid about $130 plus I got points on my card to help towards a purchase or discount

Point Taken. Rewards and points systems are a great incentive. In the future we hope to give customers enough incentives to make shopping in the US for games a second option.

I've been to your store and I really like the fact that you trade games. I haven't seen a store here that does that.
    IDK what to put in this sig..........