Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games are so expensive here

where ever you go the games are expensive ,people tend to look at the price as $70 u.s. online but they wont put in the sales tax and your credit card charges or if you have to pay for shipping before you know it you could add another $10-20 easy

to pay even $6,000 for an original game, i would be robbing myself, $6,000 would get a noob or sum1 else without the resources; 6 - 7 burnt games, but for me God alone knows LOL

i got modern warfare 1 selling for 1800...ooops wrong thread nuh true....lol
    Hostile Takeover - It's Funny how money changes situations.
    Check out my link below
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAinzlee

in the future we can buy the games and have them downloaded str8 to our HDs so we wont be subjected to the custom cost
    Hostile Takeover - It's Funny how money changes situations.
    Check out my link below
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAinzlee

in the futures. You can do it right now, but the thing is that they arent new games and they are still over priced. Take call of duty 4 for example, its about $30 if you download it where if I buy it at a store or from amazon I can get it new for $20 and used for even less.
    IDK what to put in this sig..........

Console gaming is still playing catch up to pc gaming in terms of digital distribution steam releases new games all the time as well as EA is just one or two games that don't get released on steam and I think PSN could do alot better in terms of games released and i know xbox should have no problems with this as their games shouldnt be all that big
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    Console gaming is still playing catch up to pc gaming in terms of digital distribution steam releases new games all the time as well as EA is just one or two games that don't get released on steam and I think PSN could do alot better in terms of games released and i know xbox should have no problems with this as their games shouldnt be all that big
    The thing with Xbox games is that they are released long after the game disks are released, usually months after. They also make the prices of the digital copy high that you might as well buy the disk and get it cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ainsleydacres View Post
    in the future we can buy the games and have them downloaded str8 to our HDs so we wont be subjected to the custom cost
    And hopefully you don't get the RROD yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yondaimeku View Post
    The thing with Xbox games is that they are released long after the game disks are released, usually months after. They also make the prices of the digital copy high that you might as well buy the disk and get it cheaper.
    Before i say i don't necessarily agree see if you can explain this a little further deh!
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

If you have to mod your game then i dont think gaming is your right hobby. If you like gaming then you should allow the people that allow you to enjoy them to make a profit from it, modding sucks the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondaimeku View Post
    yea, i dont want to mod my system because microsoft is cracking down on the modders and I think people should make a profit for their games
    JMD 8,000 is not really expensive its just our economy that sucks. a game overseas is released by default for USD 59.99 + tax, this will take the price to approximately USD 65.00 to USD 67.00. when you calculate this figure by about JMD 86.00 its going to pen-out to be the same when you factor in the duty required for the game to come in the country. So really its not the sellers here, its the silly sytem in Jamaica.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 1, 2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post

Before i say i don't necessarily agree see if you can explain this a little further deh!
    I meant that in the game marketplace on xbox live, most of the games there arent really new. They are typically released on disks for a few months before they get in the game marketplace. Also you end up paying more than if you buy some of them on disks. for example you might have a game that you can get the disk for $20 but in the marketplace it's $30.

and Kmak I get what your saying. What I meant when I was that I didn't understand the price gap from when a game is being sold for 60 usd to it being sold for 100 usd. but since then I have gotten things shipped here and I see how much duty you have to pay, it's ridiculous.