Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games are so expensive here

Its not expensive. 60usd converted to jamaica + tax?
    Its expensive here too.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

But the games mentioned weren't 60 usd, they are all like $45-$30 . But yea, I get that they have to have tax,duty and profit. just wish it wasnt so much to get the games here

$60US is like $5500 for a brand new game that is good, but 8000+ for a brand new game that is 2-3 years old is not good, if u can get it overseas then check gamestop and get yo ur stuff preowned if not then u can link crimfatale in the classifieds he sells games at a very reasonable price especially the older stuff
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Its not expensive. 60usd converted to jamaica + tax?
    Its expensive here too.
    how often do u pay that kind of money from a game between all the gamespots/sales/deals etc?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

buy games in buld from ebay and ship em using fed-ex may work out alot cheaper than buying it in any for in jamaica

honestly if it is a game i really want the $60 is not gonna stop me and anyways now a days you get more for your money in terms of dlc and loot, a free hat or sticker or something, and there are pre-order bonuses like $10-$15 off as well as access to special items in game, just lil things like that and there is always the preowned route or even amazon
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

yea it gone bad, if games were cheaper then i would support them but 6 - 8 grand for games are just ridiculous, that money could buy sumn else so for now a mod and burn mi seh.

A dude in a thrift shop tried to sell me NBA Live 2003 for the gamecube for $4000. That game has been there for 5 years. The problem is shops don't mark down their prices on old merchandise like in the US. Hence you will see old games selling for New or Near New prices. If you are patient you can wait and buy it from somebody used. Otherwise save your money and buy less games.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    honestly if it is a game i really want the $60 is not gonna stop me and anyways now a days you get more for your money in terms of dlc and loot, a free hat or sticker or something, and there are pre-order bonuses like $10-$15 off as well as access to special items in game, just lil things like that and there is always the preowned route or even amazon
    DLC is not more for your money. I guess gone are the days when improvements to the game cost nothing whilst expansions were huge additions worth buying. Special items in game mean nothing to me. If I didn't have to ship console games down I would buy preowned easy. PC games can be got on steam but those still cost as much as retail (pretty retarded). Digital downloads costing as much as retail when retail stores are already downsizing PC game shelf space is just another example of how stupid these companies are.

If you want to game often you better have good cash flow or links (or pirate)
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by kezwick View Post
    yea it gone bad, if games were cheaper then i would support them but 6 - 8 grand for games are just ridiculous, that money could buy sumn else so for now a mod and burn mi seh.
    somn else like the hardware to actually play the game. lolol. What a dilemma
    All rights reserved.