Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games are so expensive here

Angry Games are so expensive here

Has anyone noticed how expensive games are compared to in the US. I payed $8000 for black ops, and it was the same for medal of honour, halo reach and need for speed. Thats more than double what they sell for in the US. I know shipping them here costs money but is it really that much?

mod ur system its cheaper
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

hence piracy................................
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

yea, i dont want to mod my system because microsoft is cracking down on the modders and I think people should make a profit for their games

I don't know if they still sell games, but you can try buying them from KGs in half-way-tree. I used to pay a fixed $2,700 (tax included) for PS1 games from them when watts new sold them for $5000 and up...tax NOT included.

Orrrr do what I do and import them yourself.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

you need a link in the US to carry down games for you

Does video games fall under software or do they have a video game category if so does anyone know the duty which are charged on them to bring them into the country?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Costs mhad in JA but it's not easy buying games for $60-$70 here when they never used to be that high. In jamaica, the stores also try to pay their employees, pay rent, nyam a food and other misc. expenses from the sale of one game. Thefts.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    you need a link in the US to carry down games for you
    That, or you use a courier service. Duties usually come up to $1700 and they treat it as a dvd. Something else you could do if you're so inclined is to order the game disc only and then case separately. Yes, it makes a difference because they just want to know that the game is in a case to treat it as if it's brand new.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

yea, I might just start ordering them online or asking people to bring them

I mean i want to support the businesses but its just expensive and im a pretty hardcore gamer
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 1, 2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts