Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Inch phone forever

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    For me I Dont see myself going over 4.5" screens for the simple reason that anything greater than that I cant use comfortably in one hand. As far as I am concerned if I cant touch at least 90% of the screen real estate with my thumb with the device in the palm of my hand it doesnt make sense, the only area I will say I dont need to reach is the top opposite corners of the fone. Currently with my droid 3 I can do that with its 4" screen, but taking into account the extra lip for the keyboard and the hardware buttons etc I can see where I can go a bit bigger. Alas thats just me, to each his own
    I understand what you saying when i just got my streak i did feel the same way but u get use to it.
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

bigger is always better.....teeheehee
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    knowing you it wont be obvious that its old and blame the android os.
    I know its old already, but I was thinking of getting the streak for my younger cousin who wanted a small tablet since his HTC TYTN had died (if he didn't want it, I'd place my other LIME SIM in it).
    I had wanted the Note after reading the reviews, but there are so many devices being released that I'm thinking about the options carefully so as to make a wise choice (I'm liking the projected longevity of the SGSIII). I want a phone that I actually keep for more than 18 months.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I woke up yesterday and felt the strange desire to get a phone wit an even larger screen. Coincidentally, I saw this thread below and wondered if it makes sense to buy a Dell Streak 5 in this day and age as a second phone to the Nexus S (which is temporary until the SGSIII). The truth is that I just need something to put my LIME SIM in.

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...treak-For-Sale
    That's why I got me a Samsung Focus Windows 7 phone to test out Windows and put the LIME in something...
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

For some reason, I don't want a Windows mobile based device ever again. How do you find the day to day user experience with your unit?
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    For some reason, I don't want a Windows mobile based device ever again. How do you find the day to day user experience with your unit?
    Not to go too off topic re: 5" phone but I see potential in it. My gripe is my inability to seamlessly make the data service work. Has some way to go to be a usable as Android but for $160 (new, unlocked) it is a good test unit. Plus the camera is wonderful...rivals my Galaxy S II sometimes. The keyboard is excellent too. Hate that I am forced to almost save all my contacts to Windows Live though...
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

My issue with Windows Mobile is that it feels like I have to rely on the precision of a stylus to interact with the unit. My real reason for a 5" unit is the large onscreen keyboard. I like instant messaging and composing blogs on the go (so I grew accustomed to the ease of use with the iPad2's screen). The Galaxy Note has my interest right now, but I'm being advised that I'm rushing to buy to quickly without looking at all the future trends first. Someone hypothesized on a tablet version of the SGSIII which didn't sound too far-fetched after thinking about it.

You had mentioned your attempt to get data working on your phone. I've given up on this for non-BlackBerry devices and went with the MiFi service since I don't see Digicel providing anything compatible or unlimited (as in un-capped) for the real smartphones anytime soon. However, I still want to hear your review on your device so that I can be more informed about what's available. If my cousin comes down next month as planned, I can order a SGSII SkyRocket, sell my other phones and buy a tablet.
    HTML Code:

Galaxy Note - in 10 mins you forget it is a big phone, you quickly take for granted this is supposed to be the size of a phone. Phones can do so much these days, the smaller screen really limits the experience. I think my Note is 5.3", I am almost curious if 6" could still work as a phone....
    Samsung Galaxy Note - Lime 3G/4G(?)
    Apple Iphone 4S Factory Unlocked - Lime 3G - SOLD - GOOD RIDDANCE
    Samsung Captivate - Lime 3G - Retired/FOR SALE
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Tmobile - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by islandracer View Post
    Galaxy Note - in 10 mins you forget it is a big phone, you quickly take for granted this is supposed to be the size of a phone. Phones can do so much these days, the smaller screen really limits the experience. I think my Note is 5.3", I am almost curious if 6" could still work as a phone....
    Please remember primarily the note isnt a phone.

Its a tablet first, phone second.

EDiT: LOL! your sig
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Pezz - this thing is too small to be a tablet. I look at it more now as an awesome phone. I did buy it thinking I wouldn't have to buy a tablet (thus justifying spending $700) but really, I now find I still want a tablet to surf at home. I have been saying to myself I need to research a 10" tablet next. The Note scrapes by as a tablet on the road, but really it isn't - just imho after using it for a month or so. Don't get me wrong, no regrets - I still love this thing, best phone I ever had, but it is a phone.
    Samsung Galaxy Note - Lime 3G/4G(?)
    Apple Iphone 4S Factory Unlocked - Lime 3G - SOLD - GOOD RIDDANCE
    Samsung Captivate - Lime 3G - Retired/FOR SALE
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Tmobile - Sold