Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Shrink A-OS for BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    You have a branded BB (tmobile at&t)? My only guess is that maybe you are removing something that the device is trying to load.
    My suggestion is try doing it in phases. Remove the games, and the default videos shrink it, load it and see if you get the app error message. Try isolation. Try removing the languages last. Also note that I didn't check the remove all button for the languages. I manually checked the ones I want remove.
    Yea its at&t. I thought so too, I'm just not sure what exactly it is its trying to load *shrug*

When I get some time to experiment I'll try doing it in a phased basis. And yea I manually unchecked all the extra languages.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Yea its at&t. I thought so too, I'm just not sure what exactly it is its trying to load *shrug*

When I get some time to experiment I'll try doing it in a phased basis. And yea I manually unchecked all the extra languages.
    These are some of the reasons why I Do Not Buy Branded phones. I find that if there are ever going to be complexities they happen on Branded devices. Unbranded devices just work. Anyways man best of luck. Try the phased basis approach and I'm sure you will figure out the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    These are some of the reasons why I Do Not Buy Branded phones. I find that if there are ever going to be complexities they happen on Branded devices. Unbranded devices just work. Anyways man best of luck. Try the phased basis approach and I'm sure you will figure out the problem.
    I agree but many times unbranded units are harder to get and tend to be more expensive hence we tend to get branded units. Besides branded units tend to have operator specific software and functions that may them difficult to manipulate when compared to unbranded units.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

I give 11 out of 10 for that post
    BUSY WORKING MY WAY TO BE A MILLIONAIRE

This information should be posted a year back when I wanted to shrink my os I have to go deep in search to find some info in details like this one
    BUSY WORKING MY WAY TO BE A MILLIONAIRE

Quote Originally Posted by mrnycee View Post
    This information should be posted a year back when I wanted to shrink my os I have to go deep in search to find some info in details like this one
    Curious What BB and what OS build are you running on your device as this point
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

could you update the images please
    "YAADKLOZE" clothing line www.myspace.com/yaadkloze

PhotoBucket making some changes .. images will load in a few.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

gracias, I have os6 and sometimes i get the "loading" symbol for no reason would shrinking the os free up memory and put an end to that - cause its annoying sometimes im even getting calls and it happens .....
    "YAADKLOZE" clothing line www.myspace.com/yaadkloze

wow nice i am a newly user of a BB9700 and when i install OS6.0.0.499 i am lft with 74MB out of my 256MB internal storage. buy using this program i wonder how much i should be left with?

Yea man thanks alot will try it as i reach home. I wonder if OS6 can finally go on a BB 8520 by using this SHIRNK-A-OS method?
    Last edited by Cultus; Apr 21, 2011 at 10:32 AM.