Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my symbian memories

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    but then symbian signing came around and messed things up
    i remember wolfman did a cuss bout it when he had the e71 he had to link me to get the cert n do it for him.. it was a real hassle to people who were used to the regular install n go.. i didnt mind tho
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Symbian UI refresh previewed on Nokia N8
    By Chris Davies on Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 Discuss [17]

Worth Reading?

+13 [15 votes]

What looks to be the new Symbian homescreen layout has been briefly previewed, ahead of the promised Nokia update later in 2011. Shown briefly during a presentation by Nokia SVP of smartphones Jo Harlow, the refreshed UI – demonstrated on an N8 – has a slimmed down status bar with Android/iOS-style operator, battery, signal and time iconography, and a much narrower call/menu/options bar at the bottom.

In-between there are new widgets, no longer imprisoned by the traditional blocks fitting six to a screen. Instead it all looks more flexible and streamlined, taking a leaf out of Android’s book. The end result is a far more modern looking smartphone, with a UI that actually begins to live up to the N8′s slick aluminum chassis.

Now, it’s not 100-percent clear that this is the actual refreshed UI that will be going out to Symbian^3 devices in the coming months, but Harlow has previously committed to a significant attempt to improve “the visual feel of the graphics” and this would be a big step in the right direction. Still, despite the fact that Nokia envisions millions of new Symbian device sales before the platform is phased out in favor of Windows Phone, we can’t help thinking that all this is all a little too late

http://www.slashgear.com/symbian-ui-...a-n8-23135421/

jomo Guest

a little too late indeed.... too little too late mokia! man they suck, lol

lol lol jomo di man hit u back with the big fail!!!
    GIVING GOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE FOR ME!!!

jomo on a mission iyah

but yeh...gave both S60 & UIQ chances...im just not cut out for symbian i suppose...
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Had problem hacking my e71 because only certain hellOX versions work, sometimes it was the rootcert error, never had that problem with n95 8gb though. N97 mini was the easiest to hack thanks to the simplicity of making custom firmwares. The Epoc era has ended though, sadly... Now i will have to learn android subsystem from scratch to try and reach the level i was with symbian. Auf Wiedersehen symbian und nokia.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

First of all I didn't own Symbian when you did...reason being the processors were too. My first Symbian smartphone was the E51 and now I have the E71. If you checked the reviews and even used them you would see where all the major reviewing companies praised the E51 for crushing the iPhone and the E71 for crushing both the iPhone and Blackberry. You left Symbian the wrong time because now's the time it's really firing up. I live on MSN calls and I can even make Yahoo, Skype, Google Talk and more. I will start a thread showing the benefits of Symbian in the E-Series soon.