Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So I coded up a game in C on the Wii

I wan to build apps for phones, nice inspiration. Which school u going or went? I know C but this is some advance coding

Keep it up
    Phone: Iphone 4S (Jailbreaked) - Powered By LIME ~~~~ It's the most amazing iPhone yet
    Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2011

Quote Originally Posted by marl30 View Post
    I like the concept of this game. Seems like something I would like to have on my mobile phone. Something similar to the background music could do for the game music. Keep doing your thing.
    I am currently searching the free music sites for some boss, menu and level music for the game. May add music and sound effects for the next release if time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoss View Post
    I wan to build apps for phones, nice inspiration. Which school u going or went? I know C but this is some advance coding

Keep it up
    They don't teach you this in school. Allot of this is learned through hours of sitting in front of the computer trying millions of different combination's. Doing stuff like this is however good for your professional portfolio if you are looking for a programming job.

However the concept is simple if you understand arrays, for loops and timers. There are 4 arrays. the stuff[500], explosions[30], power ups[10], and the bullets[80]. Each of those arrays contain structs with fields such as color, x, y, and z. Technically keeping certain things in different arrays offers various benefits, such as reducing the amount of looping that I have to do and allowing me to freely keep track of the things I can recycle.

You may want to watch these videos;
    Last edited by owen; Feb 20, 2011 at 09:48 PM.

How's youre objective-c... can you recode it to iphone..?
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    How's youre objective-c... can you recode it to iphone..?
    Possibly, but not anytime soon. As the guy in the video said objective c is only 5%

New Version. I spent all of last month adding ONE feature and you can't even see it in the video. sometimes programming sucks balls. And you wonder why kids are turned off by programming. so it go.
    Last edited by owen; Mar 3, 2011 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    New Version. I spent all of last month add ONE feature and you can't even see it in the video. sometimes programming sucks balls.
    Wow I dunno what you are talking about Owen, this looks very close to starfox 64.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

you have mad skills owen. big up
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Wow I dunno what you are talking about Owen, this looks very close to starfox 64.
    I'm not even going to try and reach those great heights. I'm aiming for the snes version more than anything. All have left to do is a couple bosses and some more enemy types.

Quote Originally Posted by Krems View Post
    you have mad skills owen. big up
    respect

for those following this; I did another update; 1.77: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Owen/Newo_Shooter
    For the people who are interested in source code, there is a link to that as well on the page.

man this is really awesome
    IDK what to put in this sig..........