Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I coded up a game in C on the Wii

Quote Originally Posted by wiel View Post
    fixed
    '
    have you seen the games on smartphones? they are by majority some of dumbest games in existence. You either have temple run, angry birds or some kinda board game clone. Not to mention the hardware in the phones just doesn't seem to be up to par. Eitherway smartphones games tend to be 90% pretty buttons and 10% interesting.

Oh and another thing, the racing games are pointless!

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    have you seen the games on smartphones? they are by majority some of dumbest games in existence. You either have temple run, angry birds or some kinda board game clone. Not to mention the hardware in the phones just doesn't seem to be up to par. Eitherway smartphones games tend to be 90% pretty buttons and 10% interesting.

Oh and another thing, the racing games are pointless!
    Tghis use false...

Have you seen these?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

@pezz the controls on that game are dog poo. Dude spends half his time on a loading screen on the other half helplessly trying to adjust his aim. What is it like 20 zombies max? Then the mission just ends? Might as well you posted a video of NOVA 3, its the same thing with better MOVIES. Its ok if you think that game is the BEST GAME EVER. IMHO its dumb, Its dumber than goldeneye 007 on the n64. In 2 months another FPS with zoombies will be released and it will have vehicles and airplanes and it will be THE BEST GAME EVER! lowest common denominator. I want you to take a look at the recommended system requirements for half life 1 ; http://gamesystemrequirements.com/games.php?id=10

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    @pezz the controls on that game are dog poo. Dude spends half his time on a loading screen on the other half helplessly trying to adjust his aim. What is it like 20 zombies max? Then the mission just ends? Might as well you posted a video of NOVA 3, its the same thing with better MOVIES. Its ok if you think that game is the BEST GAME EVER. IMHO its dumb, Its dumber than goldeneye 007 on the n64. In 2 months another FPS with zoombies will be released and it will have vehicles and airplanes and it will be THE BEST GAME EVER! lowest common denominator. I want you to take a look at the recommended system requirements for half life 1 ; http://gamesystemrequirements.com/games.php?id=10
    connect a controller and problem.

point is do your research before spread false stuff.

I can post 10 different games that proves you wrong.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    connect a controller and problem.

point is do your research before spread false stuff.

I can post 10 different games that proves you wrong.
    Oh ok cool, connect a controller to you phone. Cool story bro. There is nothing wrong with loving them games.

Recently released a asteroids clone;

i like this version, though im no expert coder the only thing i might have a problem with is the rate of collisions and the fact id like a more spectacular death, other than that id like a copy. where can it be found?
    Last edited by glenfordwilliams; Oct 11, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glenfordwilliams View Post
    i like this version, though im no expert coder the only thing i might have a problem with is the rate of collisions and the fact id like a more spectacular death, other than that id like a copy. where can it be found?
    What do you mean by rate of collisions? Yeah the dead sequence could be improved (instead of just dropping you back at the menu).

The only way you can play the game is to download it on to a SD card and putting it into Wii Console (with the homebrew channel) or the dolphin wii emulator. Download from here; http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Newo_Asteroids

I've updated it again adding leaderboards;

screenshot_20130706134024 by owensoft, on Flickr

screenshot_20130706134019 by owensoft, on Flickr

The Wii as a platform is pretty much dead but it still nice to code in plain C without tons of API stuff. more screenshots