View Poll Results: Are you Patriotic to Digicel?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was but not anymore

10 9.80%
  • Yes,i wouldnt switch from them under no circumstances.

7 6.86%
  • No i only use them because the majority of people i know has a Digicel.

51 50.00%
  • No i am not ,i am willing to switch if i am given a equal or better fone from another provider.

17 16.67%
  • No i dont even have a Digicel phone.

32 31.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel's Days are numbered :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    I would switch from digicel in a heartbeat if everybody else suddenly went to another provider, but alas that is not the case
    So basically ur a follow the crowd?
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Digicel has their shortcomings but going postpaid+free night (from 8 pm)/free weekends+gimme 5 is an unbeatable deal once you mostly call landlines and other Digicel numbers.

I understand the need for a proper data plan from Digicel though.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

What do I need from Digicel that I am not getting?

1) THREE(3)GEEEEE!!!!
    2) I NEED Simultaneous Voice and Data
    3) Cheaper rates to call Digicel phones ($10 per minute is CRAP) Gimmie 5 don't benefit me as I don't make love on the phone, I do that in the flesh. Free Nights after 11pm don't benefit me as I am busy making love to my Wife or Sleeping.
    4) Cheaper rates to call Non-Digicel phones. I'm a business man and I have to call business landlines alot which are still donimated by LIME. $17.70 per minute is Total Robbery.

What does Digicel have that I want to keep or can't do without?
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

What am I getting from Claro that I really need?

- 3G
    - Excellent BlackBerry Internet Service (3 months and counting)
    - Simultaneous Voice and Data. I can BBM or chat on Windows Live, Facebook, Yahoo, Browse the Internet etc while on a CALL
    - Affordable Calling Plans and Callings Rates to Call Landlines and non-Claro phones
    - Free Calling to my Best Friend, Free texting to another friend of my choosing
    - Bonus credit with every topup

What does Claro need to do now to make their network top notch by Jamaican standards?
    IMPROVE THEIR CUSTOMER CARE EXPERIENCE!! I wont complain about dropped calls because that is a problem experienced on all Three Networks.
    Claro is on their way to becoming a true competition for Digicel as my Claro universe has grown exponentially. All of my major contacts now own a Claro phone and a LIME phone. The only contact I have that is straight Digicel is my goodly friend Jomo. To avoid the exorbitant cost to call him, I simply use BBM to communicate. Digicel NEEDS to fix their rates and offer 3G or trust me Claro is going to eat away at their foundation like a cancer in hiding. Digicel sad to say is right where C&W Ja was back in the day. Cocky and Arrogant feeling high and mighty. But Guess what I have seen more mightier companies go Belly Up...because of arrogance and ignorance.
    Last edited by Cultus; Feb 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM.

What people need to do is jus switch an mek the digi people dem feel the pain of how overpriced digicels calls to other networks are. Anywhere else this might be easily done but in Jamaica it tougher since you are likely to see a "Please Call Me" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    So basically ur a follow the crowd?
    Yes...I am following the crowd. In this particular instance tho its actually cheaper for me to do so. I communicate mostly by text so gimmi 5 is a blessing when coupled with BBS
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Yes...I am following the crowd. In this particular instance tho its actually cheaper for me to do so. I communicate mostly by text so gimmi 5 is a blessing when coupled with BBS

exactly, all now no RETARD on here can tell me how i could save a DOLLAR elsewhere, personal feelings dem a carry, a try 'rock the boat', lol, i pay 4 dollars a minute and get free nights and weekends, closed user group with all coworkers, i use my phone HARD for work and personal use, and as i said, this thread isnt really worth replying

i will simply let time be the deciding factor

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    exactly, all now no RETARD on here can tell me how i could save a DOLLAR elsewhere, personal feelings dem a carry, a try 'rock the boat', lol, i pay 4 dollars a minute and get free nights and weekends, closed user group with all coworkers, i use my phone HARD for work and personal use, and as i said, this thread isnt really worth replying

i will simply let time be the deciding factor
    You are the retard. It is obvious people are saving money else where. Your brain is only good enough to follow crowd and hype.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

You guys ever notice that for every digicel customer you meet and jokingly ask them for a call they all say the same thing I don't have any credit or my credit finish also digicel flagship text is the "please call me" or the one about credit me. Digicel subscribers all seem to be broke. Really an expensive network if you ask me. LIME for Living Everyday!! that's what I say.

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    You are the retard. It is obvious people are saving money else where. Your brain is only good enough to follow crowd and hype.
    ease off the childish insults nuh yute, and talk facts, tell me how i can save on any other network

ive tried it, tried lame postpaid, was calling digi numbers, ran up the bill, claro, lol, had a sim and only knew one girl with claro and GUESS WHAT she had a digi sim as well, a wirker of mine nearly got FIRED, lol, as he had a claro phone

listen to me peeps, there is a world outside techja

nah call nuh name, but im tired of the people on this site with bias against digicel talking CRAP, because dem or dem fren or family work for the competition

notice how most digi people here juss cool and easy, cause why, dem nah nutn fi worry bout

digicel could not have POORER COMPETITION right now than claro and lime

talk facts and stop BSing people, there is no way i can save money by switching to another network

unless the 250 sim contacts i have, the 459 bb contacts i have, MAJICALLY throw away their digicel sim and go to the competition

and hell will freeze over and satan will be skating on ice before that happens

lol, guess the thread was worth a reply after all

Quote Originally Posted by Wenny View Post
    You guys ever notice that for every digicel customer you meet and jokingly ask them for a call they all say the same thing I don't have any credit or my credit finish also digicel flagship text is the "please call me" or the one about credit me. Digicel subscribers all seem to be broke. Really an expensive network if you ask me. LIME for Living Everyday!! that's what I say.
    LMAO! this post made my day haha.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality