View Poll Results: Are you Patriotic to Digicel?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was but not anymore

10 9.80%
  • Yes,i wouldnt switch from them under no circumstances.

7 6.86%
  • No i only use them because the majority of people i know has a Digicel.

51 50.00%
  • No i am not ,i am willing to switch if i am given a equal or better fone from another provider.

17 16.67%
  • No i dont even have a Digicel phone.

32 31.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel's Days are numbered :)

Angry Digicel's Days are numbered :

I have been a Digicel subscriber for years however Ive just came to my senses and realized that they are a bunch of thieves. I dont know if its me alone, but ive realized that they seem to have gotten a bit "tired". Perhaps suffering from exhaustion from being on top for too long without much competition.

Recently they came out with a remake of the popular "jus bus" promotion , ofcourse, i personally liked the song and video when it came out last year,however they have changed it and now it flops. When you see a company drawing back on old promotions you know there days a numbered. At least thats not even it alone. Has anyone noticed how there Christmas promotion flopped??!!!

It barely even got off the ground, i dont think it could be termed a sucess at all. It was boring and i personally think Lime sold off with there "Christmas Pon di Remix" thingy.

I'm just frustrated with the slow Edge i'm receiving. I really cant wait till the number portability thing comes in cause thats my only hold up. Ive had long time contact whom i cant afford to loose.

One advice i'd offer Digi is for them to offer calling plans. Thats one of the things i like with Claro and lime. Plans where u can pay per day and even get unlimited calls for that day.

Now on the matter of "Gimme 5" or whatever its now called. I personally havent benefited from their 25min free after paying 5 min. First of all, i use the phone to make short business calls per day and truly dont spend that long on each call to benefit.

Another advice for them, they need to know that Jamaicans easily get tired of things. Right now they have been offering free nights for the past 2 years and i believe the days have passed where people would get up and buy credit everyday to get "free nights". I personally have gotten bored of the same 200dollar promotion. cause in the end i end up loosing.

next thing, rates are too high. $10 per minute to call another digicel??!!! Thats robbery. cause a $100 card can only give u 10 minutes if u spending short periods.

My only commendation to them is their Wimax service. The pricing is fair per month and the speeds are reasonable. I personally have bought an inverter for my car and have used the service on the go to browse and play youtube. Coverage is good in kingston. I would love if they could target the major highways though on the way out of town. My only issue is that MY SIGNAL BAR IS ON 1(ONE) IN MY COMMUNITY OF MOLYNES RD. NO MATTER IF AM INSIDE MY HOUSE OR OUTSIDE. EVEN DRIVING AROUND WITH THE STANDARD MODEM ITS THE SAME. AM IN THE REGION OF SUTHERLAND GARDENS /chalmers avenue /OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS SCHOOL. I have flow internet so wimax is only used for basic surfing.

I foresee the company loosing at least 200,000 customers this year. I'm sure with over 2million customers they dont expect to keep gaining and not loosing . Right now you will start seeing them pulling back sponsorship of many events and programs. You will soon hear of redundancies . Beware. Furthermore their network is old and aint capable of handling the likes of an iphone 4. I see a mass migration coming up. Ill be following the flock. Dont be fooled by Lime's seemingly laid back appearance, they are very well capable of tacking back the market, they know that Jamaicans love freeness and love cheapness too. thats how they got thousands to signup for prepaid home fone when they were launching. not to mention when they had those tdma $500+tax fones. Look how megafone also got thousands of subscribers with that tactic too. Beware Digicel. Step up or Step down.

I NEED 3G DIGICEL!!!!!
    Last edited by 876; Mar 16, 2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: recent news of merger

jomo Guest

lol lol lol, here we go again

not even worth a reply, all ill say is this

keeeeeep dreaming!

digicel is getting like Lime (cable & wireless) when they were the only carrier in jamaica. The tables will surely turn on them soon. All they have are loyal fan whos eyes will soon be open. I stopped using digicel even before I left high school.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

jomo Guest

digicel WILL NOT be beat by the two losers limne and claro...

so unlesas some other competition comes in...

and GUESS WHAT ITS TOO LATE! digicel has saturated the market

and is the best option for jamaicans

99 percent of digicel users DONT HAVE a problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    digicel WILL NOT be beat by the two losers limne and claro...

so unlesas some other competition comes in...

and GUESS WHAT ITS TOO LATE! digicel has saturated the market

and is the best option for jamaicans

99 percent of digicel users DONT HAVE a problem with them
    Show me where you got the stats from.
    One fool cant represent over 2mill people.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Show me where you got the stats from.
    One fool cant represent over 2mill people.
    Very well said, dunno wah happen to Jomo, somebody a digicel a give him somehting why him a move so
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

Yes,i wouldnt switch from them under no circumstances
    lol I didn't really expect anyone to select this option. Is what digi have over there suh?
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Digicel actually suck all things bad. They have the most expensive rates and their handset prices are ridiculous. I think they are all hype which their customers end up paying for. While they maybe the company that started the cellphone competition in Jamaica, they are slow being left behind. I await there crash and feel sorry for their die-hearted customers. By the way, who calls Wimax 4G? Really??? DWL.
    WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.

Well honestly i stop using digicel for almost forever saw what was happening and moved away, But @ the end of the day to each its own, so if Digicel works for you Jomo use them but for me and my pocket we will work with LIME,t ill dem start mess up again.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Bun Digicel -_- ....
    CONTACT INFO : CALL/TXT/WHATS-APP >>> 1 (876) 856 2013