Thread: Need urgent help!!!

Unhappy Need urgent help!!!

My system at work was infected with a terrible virus/malware whatever. it installed a fake AV, and not allowing you to run any application. as soon as u open a window or application it closes it. i did a scan using another account user on the said system n got the following. what do i do? seeing it is sayin registry keys are infected??

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

start the computer in safe mode and login with an administrative account and do a full scan with malwarebytes and on reaching the screen in ur post select remove selected.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Would also suggest using Super Antispyware along with MBAM in safe mode to ensure the system is cleaned. Then do a full scan with the AV app of your choice.

http://www.superantispyware.com/
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

hope you backed up your stuff still
    COmodo Antivirus is the way to go ute
    well thats what works for me at least
    and it don't fail me yet so yea
    oh and Explorer Xp [freeware]
    if you know what to look for you can manually [Shift] delete from your Recycle bin that way the spam doesn't recreate hidden along with any autorun files
    Last edited by ThaNoobelKnife; Feb 4, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
    ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø, {{NEED FLOW C&W IS THE WORST}}¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„

backup ur stuff..disable system restore..clear all temporary files including system restore files; this virus is known to recreate itself from system restore files. start in safe mode do full system scan. once tht as been done go to filehippo.com dwnload avast. schedule a boot scan on restart. once machine is fully cleaned enable back system restore...creat e a restore point.