Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Certification becomes very Easy

Default Re: Certification becomes very Easy

Certs get you the jobs. What you do on the job lets you stay there and not get fired. What acid is trying to sell are video tutorials CBT NUGGETS (and I know exactly where they came from).
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrodamus
    What acid is trying to sell are video tutorials CBT NUGGETS (and I know exactly where they came from).
    lol, that sounds familiar .
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

I honestly dont think we should try to tell anybody how to gain certs, its entirely up to the person. If u dont like the fact that they didnt go to classes so be it, but dont hinder others from knowledge. Its not all that go this route can create a msdos start up diskette or whatnot but that isnt anything much to learn on the go. Fighting it out wont help, accept it and move on.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

truth be told, to be paper certified is hard work, once going down that route one finds out that it is easier to know and appreciate the differences. MCSE questions have sublte difference, and plain swatting will get you lost, but if you know the principles then that aid tremendously.

Anyone who has a CCNA or a MCSE have to put in hard work....easier method is to know the stuff...but true learning only occurs by doing...

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    I honestly dont think we should try to tell anybody how to gain certs, its entirely up to the person. If u dont like the fact that they didnt go to classes so be it, but dont hinder others from knowledge. Its not all that go this route can create a msdos start up diskette or whatnot but that isnt anything much to learn on the go. Fighting it out wont help, accept it and move on.
    But mitchie...we need to encourage some integerity in the profession, dont you think Papercertfiyng not helping the young cats any!.. So i encourage all to try set up a home lap. VPC and VMWARE are good tools to create your lab. The CBTs that acid has should therefore not be the only prep for exams. Truth be told the CBT's wont get you nywhere near passing
    Heroes to Mentors -

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    A while back, you had people who would sit Certification exams just to memorize the questions and turn around and sell them. Persons who bought those questions, all they had to do was memorize them, get all the answers correct and then pass themselves off as MCSE. These are the people to whom I refer to as paper MCSE.

The case I cited about the DOS boot disk; this person was getting paid more than people who knew more than he did. It wasn't just the DOS boot disk, the amount of head ache he caused, warranted his termination.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaz
    Anyone who has a CCNA or a MCSE have to put in hard work....easier method is to know the stuff...but true learning only occurs by doing...
    I certainly can attest to that...memorizing isn't gonna cut it you need to have a sound knowledge of the course material in order pass the exam...cause they do throw curves at you.

The case I cited about the DOS boot disk; this person was getting paid more than people who knew more than he did.
    Don't hate, who knows maybe he/she is more knowledge in some other field.

Some things haffi get swapped though. Frame relay, fiber etc... i've seen it but never handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Don't hate, who knows maybe he/she is more knowledge in some other field.

Some things haffi get swapped though. Frame relay, fiber etc... i've seen it but never handled it.
    Believe me, I had or have no reasons to hate.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make here.

There are people who have worked long and hard to achieve their certification(s) and there are people who have worked long and hard who are not certified but know their stuff. Then there are those who have cheated to get their's and are been treated better than the knowledgeable and the experienced.

You see, its one thing to know that something can be done, but its another when you don't know how its done and where to find the tools to do it.

Take for example this sample question I googled for:

Q3. Ivor returns from a security conference full of ideas to tighten up the Cperf domain account security policies. For example, longer passwords.

Psycho has boasted that he only has two passwords Cymru and Wales. Although you already make people change their password every 90 days Psycho still only uses those two words for his homeland.

What can you to strengthen the Cperf account security, and specifically, make Psycho choose different passwords. Choose 2 answers.

A. Enforce Password History - Remember the Last 9 passwords.

B. Minimum Password Age - 9 Day

C. Minimum Password Length - 9 Characters

D. Store passwords using Reversible Encryption - Disabled

E. Minimum password age - 90 days

F. Password must meet complexity requirements - Disabled

You can memorize that the answer is A & C, but if you have never used group policy editor or know where to find it, you will not know how to perform your duties.

I had a pretty good incentive to get my MCSE, $2000 raise per exam, back then it was 6 exams and it had to be done in 1 year, do the math. When I did my MCSE a long time ago, before NT 4.0 was released, before the internet was popular, there were no brain dumps or anything like that. I did not get my MCSE through a class setting, I bought books, setup labs and spent hours upon hours till the wee hours of the morning learning the products, learning the tools which made the exams a lot easier for me. On-the-job experience was not good enough because not everyone uses every feature of a particular product and you had to know them inside out.

BTW...MCSE is not my only certification, A+, Compaq ASE & ASI (Now HP ASE & ASI), IBM, HP Star, Nortel Networks, certified to repair all HP's laser printer.

I don't know if it still the same, but a long time ago, if you were A+ or CompTIA as the call it now, you were a certified Dell technician.

It does not help you to get by quickly on any certification.

The initials MCSE aren't enough anymore to sell your skills. How do you make MCSE certification count? You need to supplement your training courses with hands-on experience and include a specialized area of study. Good preparation and a careful approach to training will help you gain a competitive edge and separate you from the weak pool of MCSEs.

To be any MCSE now is hard work ( Questions now are situational, drag and drop etc) I know a lot of persons with there Masters who fail the MCSE/CCNA exams.

My take is that there are some situations which you will come across but most you will never come across ( except in theory) but you have to know them all to pass.

then thhere is the right/practical way to do things and the MCSE (theory) way to do things...only knowing the second answer will make you pass the exams.

When I was doing it a lot of the information was relevant but most was not, but I had to learn it by whatever means at my disposal.

Learning is a journey (having a MCSE) does not mean you know everthing, you have to keep doing to cement the knowledge. Having a MCSE is not an end, but another tool to help differentiate you from the pack and get you a foot in the door.