Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xoom release date leaked

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    Lol well I am definitely not a herd creature, I don't care about the trend I have to work hard for my money and I do spend it but I do months of research beforehand the first phone that I bought for myself was a Sony Ericsson W810i and 6 months of research went into that and it was all before I had even handled the phone, I went to forums to see what issues people faced after owing the phone for a while, the mods that could be done to the phone, reviews on the phone and what I was looking for was common problems, I did the same for the Xperia x1 and based on the issues people had with the keyboard failing and needing to be repaired I decided it was not worth the headache. I can see the appeal an iphone or ipad might have for the casual consumer but I don't like to buy things use them for a month and put them down nor am I in the habit of buying things so persons say oooooooh you have the new phone/car/shoes I don't feel anyway when persons say oh you don't have pin hell half the time most people don't even know what type of phone I have and I like that, Im not a flashy person and look at this how many people were murdered last year over blackberry? how many thefts of clarks were there, people will do anything to stay in the in crowd and I am just not into that
    Ummm ordinary people, in most cases, do not dig like that.

Especially not for a phone.

They prefer to go with what is seen popular.

Their is an old genetic feature built into our brains that says there is safety in numbers.

If 8 out of 10 people have the same thing as you, then there is a high probability that they will have issues and know how to fix it, or the market will develop a solution quickly.

Have you ever tried to get a replacement part or for a relatively rare phone The market carters to the mass and whats hot and popular and people feel safe doing that.

Remember the Razor craze ?

No one typically wants to do 6 months research just to buy a phone.

Cecil just asks Kenesha what brand phone she have and like... and Cecil will buy what her friend Kenesha says is hot. Or Cecil will look at the latest magazine and see what phone Beyonce use and get one like it.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

this is interesting.... and btw kev zunes are pretty good.

i most be weird then cuz when i purchase a phone I buy parts along with it
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

i most be weird then cuz when i purchase a phone I buy parts along with it
    LOL

Average people don't buy spare parts with their phone.

LOL
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

well i guess the apple fanboys have come out, I mean really why are u taking such offense and dissing the product? no one said it was the second coming, or that it was going to destroy the ipad has it occurred to you that not everyone wants an ipad, I have used ipads for extended periods and found no compulsion to buy one, it really didn't wow me or blow me away, it honestly felt very alien and disconnected it never quite matched or synced with anything i owned. The fact is I am excited about not just the xoom but all the android tablets that are coming out, some will be higher end than others, some will be good and other will be crap, but guess what they are coming and we will have choices ipad 3 and 4 could come out next week and the week after and the fanboys would shower praises but forgive me for not jumping in joy with you, to date there has been no apple product that has been appealing to me, apple set themselves up as an elitist type of company with only creates highend products for their elitist market, and since the majority of persons want to be in the "in crowd" they will swoon over apple. No one is asking you to buy a xoom and so what if motorola wants to set a price they are comfortable with people who want it are gonna buy it
    I don't see who was dissing the product, maybe a mod deleted the post? Also I don't see what your basis is for saying that Apple only has an elitist market. What kinda statement is that. Somebody can't just like a product and go buy it? Believe it or not, not everyone who buys an apple product is a fanboy/girl/monster and will buy every stuff apple pushes out. Some people do buy apple products after long research and deem apples product to be the best for them. And whether a company released their product to compete with another companies product or not it's still gonna turn into a competition as everyone wants there product to do better than the other guys and as they're in the same category (tablets) this is justified. Personally I like their iPods. I don't care that they're cheaper alternatives out there. I bought an iPad and I loved it. I wanted a e-book reader and the iPad happened to be the best out there. Outside of those products I couldn't careless less if Jobs came to solicit me himself, i ain't buying.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Well I am def gonna be looking at either this or another android tablet since I can always just do tethering
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Wait til december. you'll be able to pick one up for probably a third of the price.
    >>Insert something witty here<<

I was waiting for summer

lol wait 9 more months for something you really want but then .v2 comes out...
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

summer Im gonna save $150 a month and just buy one