Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xoom release date leaked

Default Xoom release date leaked

Looks like the Xoom is coming out on Feb. 17th. I can't wait to ditch my iPad for this tablet.

Source
    Nexus S - Android 2.3.3 CM7, Jame Bond kernel with BLN, ext4 & full voodoo
    Bold 9700 - OS6.0.0.448

Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Similary specced: iPad 2 with WiFi only $499=$531.29 (in my state) Xoom WiFi only $539=$565 (roughly) not to mention the 3G version is $70 more expensive than the iPad 2 equivalent. Xoom looks great but they should drop the prices a bit. Of course come March 11 the iPad 2 gonna make a killing in sales.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

the tablet would have to be priced at $100 less than the iPad in order to stand any chance

well done Motorola, you've reinforced Apple's success.
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Quote Originally Posted by Krems View Post
    the tablet would have to be priced at $100 less than the iPad in order to stand any chance

well done Motorola, you've reinforced Apple's success.
    Even then when you look at the elegance of the ipad and the size of ipad eco system its hard to understand why these guys even trying to compete.

this quote
    "The Xoom tablet is trim, light, and very pretty ... but when you place it next to the iPad 2, it looks as though it was designed and built by angry Soviet prison labor instead of by Motorola." comes from an interesting article

http://www.suntimes.com/technology/4...ing-board.html
    Last edited by jamaicakevkev; Mar 5, 2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

well i guess the apple fanboys have come out, I mean really why are u taking such offense and dissing the product? no one said it was the second coming, or that it was going to destroy the ipad has it occurred to you that not everyone wants an ipad, I have used ipads for extended periods and found no compulsion to buy one, it really didn't wow me or blow me away, it honestly felt very alien and disconnected it never quite matched or synced with anything i owned. The fact is I am excited about not just the xoom but all the android tablets that are coming out, some will be higher end than others, some will be good and other will be crap, but guess what they are coming and we will have choices ipad 3 and 4 could come out next week and the week after and the fanboys would shower praises but forgive me for not jumping in joy with you, to date there has been no apple product that has been appealing to me, apple set themselves up as an elitist type of company with only creates highend products for their elitist market, and since the majority of persons want to be in the "in crowd" they will swoon over apple. No one is asking you to buy a xoom and so what if motorola wants to set a price they are comfortable with people who want it are gonna buy it
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    well i guess the apple fanboys have come out, I mean really why are u taking such offense and dissing the product? no one said it was the second coming, or that it was going to destroy the ipad has it occurred to you that not everyone wants an ipad, I have used ipads for extended periods and found no compulsion to buy one, it really didn't wow me or blow me away, it honestly felt very alien and disconnected it never quite matched or synced with anything i owned. The fact is I am excited about not just the xoom but all the android tablets that are coming out, some will be higher end than others, some will be good and other will be crap, but guess what they are coming and we will have choices ipad 3 and 4 could come out next week and the week after and the fanboys would shower praises but forgive me for not jumping in joy with you, to date there has been no apple product that has been appealing to me, apple set themselves up as an elitist type of company with only creates highend products for their elitist market, and since the majority of persons want to be in the "in crowd" they will swoon over apple. No one is asking you to buy a xoom and so what if motorola wants to set a price they are comfortable with people who want it are gonna buy it
    Do you even understand the essence of what you are saying. You hate apple products but you love, "am excited by", products that are essentially lessor copies of Apple products... ok i get you, but who is the fan boy & the hater here?

My suspicion is that apple haters are, in your words, "the elitist" who have no use for tech that appeals to the "crowd" meaning the masses and will do everything to be different even if it means screwing themselves. Again enjoy your xoom maybe you can keep it beside your zune.
    Last edited by jamaicakevkev; Mar 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

I never said I hate apple products they are just not appealing to me, and until you stop view other products as being facsimiles of apple then you will never understand what I am saying. An you know its thinking like you have that leads to companies pushing inferior products , what you have basically said is that people should follow whats in fashion, well I say screw that, I say buy the products that best suit you, that will do what you need to it do, if you keep following the crowd then when are you ever going to get to think for yourself and think about things objectively

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    I never said I hate apple products they are just not appealing to me, and until you stop view other products as being facsimiles of apple then you will never understand what I am saying. An you know its thinking like you have that leads to companies pushing inferior products , what you have basically said is that people should follow whats in fashion, well I say screw that, I say buy the products that best suit you, that will do what you need to it do, if you keep following the crowd then when are you ever going to get to think for yourself and think about things objectively
    Humans are, for the most part, a herd like mammal.

We are inherently social creatures.

We like to fit in.

We like to belong.

We like to have the same things or similar things.

We wear the same uniforms or clothes.

Tell me you do not take pride in your old high school ?

We eat the same foods and drink the same drinks.

It is only reasonable that people will want to share the same technologies... much in the same way we would like to share the same language.

It is called culture.

Most people find comfort in it.
    Last edited by Gillion; Mar 6, 2011 at 01:05 AM.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Lol well I am definitely not a herd creature, I don't care about the trend I have to work hard for my money and I do spend it but I do months of research beforehand the first phone that I bought for myself was a Sony Ericsson W810i and 6 months of research went into that and it was all before I had even handled the phone, I went to forums to see what issues people faced after owing the phone for a while, the mods that could be done to the phone, reviews on the phone and what I was looking for was common problems, I did the same for the Xperia x1 and based on the issues people had with the keyboard failing and needing to be repaired I decided it was not worth the headache. I can see the appeal an iphone or ipad might have for the casual consumer but I don't like to buy things use them for a month and put them down nor am I in the habit of buying things so persons say oooooooh you have the new phone/car/shoes I don't feel anyway when persons say oh you don't have pin hell half the time most people don't even know what type of phone I have and I like that, Im not a flashy person and look at this how many people were murdered last year over blackberry? how many thefts of clarks were there, people will do anything to stay in the in crowd and I am just not into that