Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Samsung Captivate

infuse is definately worth it man.. that is 1 of my prospective next phones along with the inspire 4G and the Xperia Play.. i just cant help that the Xperia Play needs alot more work before it's feasibility as a phone has been achieved.

i was looking at the captivate for a bit and saw that its practically the AT&T release to the vibrant..as for the LG - it looks impressive on paper so to speak, but i am not sold because i know LG for its inferior quality.. and also, 380MB user free? so what happen 2 the rest??? i suppose to suppliment that you will have to create a ext4 partition and boost swap memory

oh well - got my eyes on the infuse
    Last edited by vylle; Jan 29, 2011 at 02:46 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

I got 400mb free on ma droid x..blame samsung
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    I got 400mb free on ma droid x..blame samsung
    is 380MB free for the LG optimus 2X.. quite retarded
    Facebook || Twitter

jomo Guest

is that out of 1gb? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    is 380MB free for the LG optimus 2X.. quite retarded
    It's not if you understand how android works. The rest is used for android os..what you see free is for user apps.
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5

@RAM130 - not sure of the partitioning of memory for the phone at all to tell u the total but thats what it says on GSMArena, 380MB of RAM user free.. so thats why i thought, WHAT HAPPEN 2 THE REST?! cuz even on ma HD2, the phone partitioning allows me 442MB of ram out of the 576 MB while the rest i suppose is left for the system itself.. soooooo yah its funny that ma HD2 has more user free ram than the dual core LG Optimus 2X
    Last edited by vylle; Jan 29, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Facebook || Twitter

@RAM130 - not sure of the partitioning of memory for the phone at all to tell u the total but thats what it says on GSMArena, 380MB of RAM user free.. so thats why i thought, WHAT HAPPEN 2 THE REST?! cuz even on ma HD2, the phone partitioning allows me 442MB of ram out of the 576 MB while the rest i suppose is left for the system itself.. soooooo yah its funny that ma HD2 has more user free ram than the dual core LG Optimus 2X
    I use OS Monitor to check the ram. I've found all Samsung Android based phones, even the nexus s to have the least available user ram. Samsung's latest, da galaxy s and nexus s have around 304mb available on stock, if you install a custom rom you get 334mb or so I believe.

Its hardware manufacturers that decide how much is for the system based on their hardware. I think most of that ram goes to the graphics as well.
    Current System:

i suppose u are right.. never did much background on the samsung androd phones cuz i never owned one - i think HTC all around is very efficient in memory use.. so glad i got rid of windows off my phone though.. consumed bucket loads of memory

ADDITIONALLTY - i find that if you use a third party home launcher like launcher pro or ADW it significantly reduces the amount of RAM & ROM consumption over native ones such as HTC sense (but sense is SOOO PRETTY )

MIUI is pretty good as well.. but i dont like it that much cuz it feels too iphony
    Last edited by vylle; Jan 29, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
    Facebook || Twitter

infuse is definately worth it man.. that is 1 of my prospective next phones along with the inspire 4G and the Xperia Play.. i just cant help that the Xperia Play needs alot more work before it's feasibility as a phone has been achieved.

i was looking at the captivate for a bit and saw that its practically the AT&T release to the vibrant..as for the LG - it looks impressive on paper so to speak, but i am not sold because i know LG for its inferior quality.. and also, 380MB user free? so what happen 2 the rest??? i suppose to suppliment that you will have to create a ext4 partition and boost swap memory

oh well - got my eyes on the infuse
    That is correct. I saw the Vibrant recently too. Samsung created operator specific versions of the Galaxy S...a smart move last year.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

anything else you want to show us?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality