Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel Email to SMS

Default Digicel Email to SMS

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Digicel seems to be having quite a bit of trouble with their Email to sms service?

I use TJ's Web2SMS service VERY frequently and when those messages don't go through I use Hotmail or Gmail to send email to Digicel phones. It's been my experience that AT LEAST one day per week, emails (from all of the above services) are not delivered by Digicel.

Sometimes it takes hours for it to be delivered. Sometimes the same message is delivered 5 or 6 times.
    Does anyone know what the root of this problem is and whether Digicel plas to address it? It's been happening for quite some time. Right now, it's been down since last night.
    Nexus S - Android 2.3.3 CM7, Jame Bond kernel with BLN, ext4 & full voodoo
    Bold 9700 - OS6.0.0.448

Default Re: Digicel Email to SMS

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt
    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Digicel seems to be having quite a bit of trouble with their Email to sms service?

I use TJ's Web2SMS service VERY frequently and when those messages don't go through I use Hotmail or Gmail to send email to Digicel phones. It's been my experience that AT LEAST one day per week, emails (from all of the above services) are not delivered by Digicel.

Sometimes it takes hours for it to be delivered. Sometimes the same message is delivered 5 or 6 times.
    Does anyone know what the root of this problem is and whether Digicel plas to address it? It's been happening for quite some time. Right now, it's been down since last night.
    I think it would have been the site that your'e sending the message from fault and not Digicel (not sure though). I think you should ask the moderators of Tech Jamaica who would be responsible for that. However when sending at text to a Digicel phone it must include thedigicelnumber@digitextjm.com for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyboy
    I think it would have been the site that your'e sending the message from fault and not Digicel (not sure though). I think you should ask the moderators of Tech Jamaica who would be responsible for that. However when sending at text to a Digicel phone it must include thedigicelnumber@digitextjm.com for it to work.
    I think it's very unlikely that the TJ Web2SMS, Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo would all experience problems sending an email to a Digicel email address all at the same time, while sending messages to everyone else without a problem. Seems to be an issue with Digicel.
    Bold 9700 - OS6.0.0.448

Hey Nigelt, i see what you mean, probably you can call customer care to make then aware of that issue..... In the mean time let me introduce you to Digicel's Web Text. I don't want to deter you from using any of the other mediums, especially Tech Jamaica since it's conflict of interest however since sending of text to Digicel phones doesn't work via those mediums you can check out Digicel's Web Text......

What is webTEXT?
    Digicel webTEXT is another first for Digicel. This service allows Digicel customers to log on to the Digicel website and send up to 30 messages absolutely FREE to other Digicel subscribers over a period of one month!

How do I find it on the Digicel website?
    Simply go to www.digiceljamaica.com click on digiZONE and you will see a link entitled digiWEBTEXT - Click here for Web SMS From this page you can either log-in or register if you’re a first time user.

Is this service available to non-Digicel customers?
    No – this service is exclusively for Digicel customers to send messages to other Digicel customers.

Do I have to register?
    The first time you use the service, you must register. After that, you simply log on using your Digicel mobile phone number and assigned password and you can send messages

Any other questions feel free to ask!!

For the record and as nigelt has correctly concluded, the recent problems with sending messages to Digicel is outside of TechJamaica's control.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by $Pretty Boy$
    Hey Nigelt, i see what you mean, probably you can call customer care to make then aware of that issue..... In the mean time let me introduce you to Digicel's Web Text. I don't want to deter you from using any of the other mediums, especially Tech Jamaica since it's conflict of interest however since sending of text to Digicel phones doesn't work via those mediums you can check out Digicel's Web Text......

What is webTEXT?
    Digicel webTEXT is another first for Digicel. This service allows Digicel customers to log on to the Digicel website and send up to 30 messages absolutely FREE to other Digicel subscribers over a period of one month!

How do I find it on the Digicel website?
    Simply go to www.digiceljamaica.com click on digiZONE and you will see a link entitled digiWEBTEXT - Click here for Web SMS From this page you can either log-in or register if you’re a first time user.

Is this service available to non-Digicel customers?
    No – this service is exclusively for Digicel customers to send messages to other Digicel customers.

Do I have to register?
    The first time you use the service, you must register. After that, you simply log on using your Digicel mobile phone number and assigned password and you can send messages

Any other questions feel free to ask!!

Thanks. I knew about this service, but you only get like 30 free texts a month. I'd finish that in a day or less!!
    Bold 9700 - OS6.0.0.448

Ok cool. Just call customer care and advised them then.

It appears that Digicel has resolved the problem so messages are going through, for now.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Thanks for the update Chris.
    Bold 9700 - OS6.0.0.448

the fault is on digicel side, someone sent me some messages from after 7 this morn and after 6 in the evening i received them one after the other.
    John 3:16