Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Google is Hoping Nokia likes Android

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post

The fellas here are debating on the possibility of Nokia adopting Android by Google. Siting apple profits is a bit of fanboyism that will not be tolerated.
    Nokia has said point blank why they do not want to go with Android and like it or not it goes back to my point of economics and the inability of them to differentiate themselves from the rest of the Android crowd. Little differentiation = little pricing power. I know on this tech forum the difference between Motorola Blur, HTC Sense and other Android Skins creates some kind of value added bonus but in the real world these differences aren't enough to = long lasting benefits to any manufacturer, nor overcome the commoditization of the platform.

That said Nokia seems to be softening its stance on Android. One could guess Nokia sees it as a way of preserving market share or is trying to maintain some relevance in the Smart phone market going forward. The underlying concern that Nokia had with competing where there is little differentiation still doesn't change. Just like SE, Motorola, Samsung and practically all other Android converts Nokia may be coming to the realization,but after wasting billions without success, that Android may just be their only way forward, all be it with reduced profitability.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...ian-and-meego/ <Nokia Rejects Android>

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20017114-71.html <Nokia Rejects & disses other Android Makers>

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...ia_smartphones <Nokia Reconsiders>
    Last edited by jamaicakevkev; Jan 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Siting proper sources isn't for my benefit, its just the proper thing to do, otherwise you would be the one trolling.

I am very much sure that the Apple stock (a fluctuating value) has little bearing on most iphone purchase or any apple product purchase that people make. In fact is is as a result of the purchases made. Analyzing these figures will do you little good in this argument as you rightfully noted.

As I said before, Apple is a dedicated premium product company (like Prada), this generally comes with high markups and high profit margins, also huge advertising budgets and generally little value for money except the general feeling of status that comes with owning premium market products.

I said all that so that you may stop from unnecessarily siting profits and market share figures in a technology thread.

The fellas here are debating on the possibility of Nokia adopting Android by Google. Siting apple profits is a bit of fanboyism that will not be tolerated.

Off topic:

I have in the past traded some stock online (dont ask why i stopped), Apple's stock depends way too heavily on silly things like whether or not Mr. Jobs is feeling well. Its ability to stay high "valued" right now rest on the hopes that they wil continue to innovate, which they have failed to do since the initial iphone release, the rest is just hype and marketing prowess. IMHO

that's my $0.02
    Thank you sir. Well said.
    With all said nokia doesn't need android.

If it did the nokia n8 wouldn't be doing so well.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

ok, so its an established fact that nokia doesnt need android

but still - i would love to see 1.. preferably with a slide out qwerty keyboard but i guess that is what nitdroid is all about
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter