Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Google is Hoping Nokia likes Android

For that to make sense Google would have to make a better Android. Plus Nokia "the company" are too much of control freaks, it would be like MS deciding to ditch IE and go with Chrome. Not happening, why on earth would they give up control and they are not running into bankruptcy?

The N8 with the dated symbian still a sell better than alot of other company's Android flagship phones, so it would be pointless. I also get the feeling, Nokia isn't in any rush to brake into the US market anytime soon since they are still #1 in the world.

If the Qt strategy works, everyone will be running to them not Google. Android is for the smaller players, not Nokia. Sorry Google.
    THANK GOD

Back to QT, it is impossible if they revamp QT SDK i think there will be more apps on OVI.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I dont think if nokia should use android he would use a nokia device.
    First it was the phones feel cheap, now its the os.
    no, its both really.....

and its not 'solved with themes' , trust me ive tried

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    no, its both really.....

What's this thing about h/w and OS feeling cheap? Does that determine what the device's capabilities are? I think not...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    no, its both really.....

i dont really care what you think.
    One of the worst noobs I have ever come across.
    i will wait for the intelligent ones to reply.

Os was too basic for you and you have a bb. See how sensless you look lol.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

jomo Guest

wasnt too basic, too complicated crowded and just plain cheap feeling, high end nokia feel like a cheap one

im a noob?

ive owned more phones than most people here, and i dont sell them to make money, i simply try phones for fun, and from my experience, nokia is at the bottom of the barrel, and is not me alone feel so...

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    Back to QT, it is impossible if they revamp QT SDK i think there will be more apps on OVI.
    There are quite alot of Qt based apps there, bump into them very regularly(you can tell because they all notify you that you might have to download the library).

The language is a bit difficult though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    i dont really care what you think.
    One of the worst noobs I have ever come across.
    i will wait for the intelligent ones to reply.

Os was too basic for you and you have a bb. See how sensless you look lol.
    +1, I got to hand it to you, u have patience.

Symbian's Ui can be sorted out, in OS preference order my list would be:

1. Symbian
    2. Meego
    3. Android
    4. iPhone
    5. Blackberry

Symbian have its kinks yes but you dont require 1ghz and all kinda gigahertz snap fire dragon to run it comfortably, it is the most efficient OS in existence. Avkon just needs to be replaced, thats about it.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    Here's one, generally these apps will be installable on windows, I think VLC is also a Qt app (well just the skin)

The Ovi thing is for devs who need to make cash and users who like the simplicity of an app store. I hope it doesn't become a restriction tho.

Edit: Confirmed, VLC is actually a Qt app, most ppl are already using Qt apps extensively.

Thats why I say if the Qt strategy works no one will remember app stores, since even windows and Mac apps will be written in Qt for instant Cross Platform compatibly.

Currently Android/iOS/BBOS might not have a Qt platform port like they do for java and java apps, but in time they all will esp if nokia executes correctly.

devs will only need to code once and apps will compile and run natively at each platforms highest performance (or close enough once the platform has been optimized to run Qt apps.

So no more app store here and there, just download an app and use.
    Last edited by g2cris; Jan 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM.
    THANK GOD

This year will be a turning point for Nokia.Under 3 months they sold 4 million N8's after improving the browser and UI, it is going to be a top seller.I wonder, if they are going to coincide the improvements of the N8,C6 and 7 with the release of a another Killa E7.Meego should be showing its face sometime this year-are you fretting android?
    I am hoping to get the much improved 2nd generation of Symbian^3 .

http://stevelitchfield.com/sshow/ss128.html
    http://stevelitchfield.com/sshow/ss127.html
    Last edited by dehyah; Jan 9, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Yung_Jah Guest

Nokia wont be going Android for now. So far, symbian is okay. No need to follow the crowd.

Nokia just need to improve their OS and provide more free apps. There are far too much apps for android phones.

Still using my Nokia 5800, hoping to step up to a N8, but still considering my choices. Wanted to try out a Samsung Galaxy S. Most of my life, i have been using a Nokia phone.