Thread: Miami Police Enlists Drone

Default Miami Police Enlists Drone

I just wonder if they may soon be looking in my window at nights....
    The capability of the unit is phenomenal," said Miami-Dade Detective Juan Villalba.

The unmanned aircraft will be used during SWAT team and tactical operations, especially when officers need video of a heavily armed suspect.

The Miami-Dade police department has not yet taken possession on its drone, but the Houston police department has and is already conducting tests.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Nice but somehow I see the taxpayers going to foot the bill for this pricey route.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Drones can be built cheaply with stuffs you can find at your hardware. the most complicated part is the propulsion, this seems to be a hover device which means it will be very vulnerable to small arms fire. heavily armed suspects not gonna just sit around, say cheese and let these things photo and video them, they gonna shoot them down.

I was proposing the use of drones in conflicts similar to the west kingston conflict thing, they can be both a tactical and strategic help... against local men armed with AKs that is, in the US men have access to light antiaircraft weaponry so these are very much useless against the heavily armed men they are supposedly after.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    Drones can be built cheaply with stuffs you can find at your hardware. the most complicated part is the propulsion, this seems to be a hover device which means it will be very vulnerable to small arms fire. heavily armed suspects not gonna just sit around, say cheese and let these things photo and video them, they gonna shoot them down.

I was proposing the use of drones in conflicts similar to the west kingston conflict thing, they can be both a tactical and strategic help... against local men armed with AKs that is, in the US men have access to light antiaircraft weaponry so these are very much useless against the heavily armed men they are supposedly after.

Above is a pic of the drone a little cool and scary. My guess is that Honeywell is probably selling these things for a ridiculous cost. I wasnt able to find any pricing information.

All nice and cute but they better not be peeping through my window. If I see it, a baseball bat is the last thing it will record.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.