Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 reasons why I’m dumping my iPhone for a Nokia N900

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Yea these are the post i like. Instead of you useles ones jomo does.
    IKR
    Why so defensive bro?
    We are talking about 3gs and under. The n900 is a 2009 phone.

Keep in mind i can easily overclock my n900 to 1ghz easily.
    Exactly, however since we are able to compare it with a phone just about a year newer it goes to show that the device is a great one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    lol! Ive said it countless times that jomo doesnt even know technology he just loves new phone.
    notice he only sticks to the mobile phone section of this forum
    Nothing more needs to be said
    the iphone 4 cpu runs at 800mhz 85% of the time.
    Exactly what I am talking about
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

All points taken.......

one of the most mature thread of its kinda

pezz - no1 even bring up BB - if u mention it u will get em rialed up.. this is between N900 and iphone so keep it within those boundaries (i REALLY dont want none of the bandwagonists jumping up like in all the other threads - its becoming a headache)

skatta - not sure which 1 would be better but HONESTLY, i prefer N900 for design but i can imagine maself using iphone more over the N900.. untill i get frustrated with its OS flaws.. then i'd go back to android like the G2/ Desire Z or an E7 (if not android)
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

if i am getting a phone for my mother i would get her an iphone over a n900.
    seeing that she cant turn on the tv.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

i get u - download Imote so she can turn it on wid her iphone

DWL!!
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

if i am getting a phone for my mother i would get her an iphone over a n900.
    seeing that she cant turn on the tv.
    LOL exactly... How is the PS emulator coming? I am actually getting excited over a phone, last time was when I was getting an N80 3 years back.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Quote Originally Posted by kalel17 View Post
    The N900 also has a pretty fast swap memory running on dedicated NAND, 700mb+ of swap memory in addition to the 256mb ram.

A dat mi cant tek wid u right now. how u expect the iphone and bb (and even Android) fanboys to understand any of that.

Do better man. they probably think swap memory is the equivalent of a micro SD card. LOL

They will never realize why it only needs the 256MB of RAM.

Have they ever stopped to wonder why their little useless Single tasking devices even need 1GB of RAM. Most of the current Smartphone OSes are just plain inefficient and waste all of your battery life and basically all your hardware resources on UI transitions and nothing else. These features cant even be turned off to improved multitasking and the overall performance of the device.

The N900 has a sweet 3D desktop effect similar to Compiz in standard linux and it does it with only 256MB of ram and a dedicated smartphone GPU.

With very old LINUX SWAP partitioning technology running on fixed NAND drive thats is always available to the OS it effectively gives the N900 the equivalent of 1GB RAM that these newer Androids are sporting but since the entire Android OS runs under a virtual machine on top of the phone hardware this type of technology wouldn't be of any use to the android OS without a major rewrite of the Java VM they are imitating.

But all this talk would be too technical and all these guys need to know is that they have got 10,000 other ppls pins on their BBs and have very smooth transitions on the very static UI that is the iOS/Android.
    THANK GOD

some technical things that u kno makes no sense u say it when it has no meaning to the average phone user that only loves the outer beauty n the 8gb memory
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
    some technical things that u kno makes no sense u say it when it has no meaning to the average phone user that only loves the outer beauty n the 8gb memory
    Understood, thats why we don't go to "average user" forums and make posts.

but here on TECHJamaica some seemingly average users keep making silly posts and showing up their lack of understanding of what a techy needs or why he makes the choices that he does make. they would rather to jump on every Nokia thread repeating things they see over the net and not having the foggiest idea what they are talking about.
    THANK GOD