Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digicel stealing from their customers?

Angry Digicel stealing from their customers?

I have been suffering from the removal of this $6 from my phone periodically. I decided to review my phone bill for November 2010 and I noticed that I was being charged $6 for an sms to a number 122. Now upon calling customer care, I found out that 122 is a Text to Topup service that is offered in Barbados, however I was being charged for this service in error. The total number of times this 122 charge occurred in November was 40. That amounted to $240 for November alone. I had customer care check my account and it was observed that I was being charged for 122 sms' as far back as February 2010, amounting to over $1000.

The problem I have is not that Digicel made an "error" it is that the Customer Care representative was more than knowledgable about the error and Digicel has not taken the initiative to rebate all persons that have been affected by this error if the individual does not bring it to their attention.

Aside from that, I was charged $3490.93 for data in November 2010 which should have been nullified by my BIS plan. Therefore, I am now being rebated $3730.93+tax for incorrect charges n November alone.

If possible, please contact customer care and have them find any 122 charges on your account and have them rebate you the amount.

I dont understand why people still use digicel. IMO they are the worst providers ever. The overprice because they know they have loyal customers.

Where I live its all about competition.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

a long time Digicel a do stuff like that, if we keep abreast with our calls and charges we will notice a lot of irregularities. Its our money don't just give it away

im glad that i left and went to claro....its not perfect but at least i dont have to put up with that crap........ plus the 17:70 cross network charges .....damn crooks...

my rates are 4.99 to same network
    7.00 to lime + landline
    10.00 to digi

not going back there util they do something bout the rates......
    hp touchsmart 610 1030f

Jomo don't see this post yet

lol, for some reason i dnt like claro. i still dont know 5 people with a claro phone

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Djohne View Post
    Jomo don't see this post yet
    jomo good u c it ...fi him money tall ......but not to worry digi a work on reducing it. most of my contacts have two phones either a lime or claro along with the digi.....so i call them on that plus free nights ..(yeah the 6 min per call gets annoying) but i dont have to add no credit to get it...$10 for 100 txts for a day...i not complaining
    hp touchsmart 610 1030f

correction 10min per call free nites

jomo Guest

my gf has been having credit issues, and i deleted the wap service books, look like they reload when you re bis the phone

im gonna be checking mine out too, as i think im paying for more than the cals i make

im still a digicel customer, and im sure whatever will be resolved, otherwise, well other wise I STILL CANNOT LEAVE as there is no better sevice

but just like when we were without bis for a day they gave us back, they will sort out this

my bredren wha work at bb dept said they working on the bug, as app wor;d has apps that 'search for open network' and costs credit, i guess in the form of text#

anyway, lol, claro still sucks, heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    my gf has been having credit issues, and i deleted the wap service books, look like they reload when you re bis the phone

im gonna be checking mine out too, as i think im paying for more than the cals i make

im still a digicel customer, and im sure whatever will be resolved, otherwise, well other wise I STILL CANNOT LEAVE as there is no better sevice

but just like when we were without bis for a day they gave us back, they will sort out this

my bredren wha work at bb dept said they working on the bug, as app wor;d has apps that 'search for open network' and costs credit, i guess in the form of text#

anyway, lol, claro still sucks, heh heh
    Any and every service book having to do with WAP has been removed from my phone and I deleted app world months ago.

The data charges were "Digicel Mobile Web"... If it was something as a result of WAP then it would have been "Digicel Live". I can't hate on Digicel for this error, the $6 sms that they've known about on the other hand....