Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Distro on CD - Free

Leoandru...I do have the Internet at home. What I was talking about was High Speed Internet. A no everybody have that. Some still yes me included dialup and to download distro might not be so advisable?
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

techno, I agree with leo 100%. Having a high speed internet connection is ALWAYS helpful when learning linux. Trust me! Been there done that!

The many times I had to download files or check for updated versions or search for help, can't be counted.

So investing in a dedicated internet connection (128k right now is practically the same cost for dialup) would be a good investment when learning linux.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

OK....you people seem to be missing Technoboy's point. Some said that why order the the free discs when you can download it. He simply replied that the person is assuming that everyone has DSL or cable at work/home to do so as he doesn't have neither so he has to rely on a mailing service. He said nothing about learning linux and the web. You people need to read people's post clearly before replying man. This is where misunderstanding comes in.....

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    OK....you people seem to be missing Technoboy's point. Some said that why order the the free discs when you can download it. He simply replied that the person is assuming that everyone has DSL or cable at work/home to do so as he doesn't have neither so he has to rely on a mailing service. He said nothing about learning linux and the web. You people need to read people's post clearly before replying man. This is where misunderstanding comes in.....
    Hmm, so you think we mis-understood him? You don't think that we understood, yet still wanting to provide the info that we did?

Oh well. Continue to enlighten the mis-understood yaa Electro. Naa stop yu.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by megiddo
    anyone got their hedgehog cd's yet? i havent received mine
    i haven't..... i think the mailman sell mi cd'z or maybe him interested linux never can tell

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    i haven't..... i think the mailman sell mi cd'z or maybe him interested linux never can tell
    I received mine in the post last weekend

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    Ok, so someone finally understands my whole point! Thanks Electrotechnic!
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by pradere
    I received mine in the post last weekend
    pradere your in England right? I wonder if the Ubuntu people have anything gainst Jamaicans.

I ordered mine from over 2 and a half months now .
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

Ok....where is the quote button?

Anytime technoboy...some people jsut see one word in your post and respond to that word without reading the whole thing.

Hey A_A...look at Technoboy's post....then maybe you can understand now. Don't thank me for enlightening you. The pleasure was all mine!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by technoboy
    U make this statement as if you expect everyone to have access to DSL or Cable connections. Am I to believe that most of you 'techies' who are advocates of the Nix movement are so "blessed" as to have DSL and Cable Internet at your disposal at home? Plus, we all don't work or let alone work in businesses that have broadband Internet access.
    Electro we understood perfectly what he said, I was just making a comment to Techno based off the fact that he said he wanted to learn linux from another thread. When I read his post I assumed he didn't have an internet connection, so I took it upon myself to advice him that a 24/7 internet would help his efforts to learn linux. I wouldn't want him to give up based on lack of accessing info. Also it was a warning, I wouldn't want him to say that he never knew that linux involves much reading and research and he didn't have the facility to do it. Anyways he said he have dial up so I guess he alright.