Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel Suspended Gimme 5

Default Digicel Suspended Gimme 5

I am sure you are all aware of this by now but Digicel suspended Gimme 5 on Christmas yesterday and plan to do it again on New Years. The one day that we all plan to use our phones because we are off from work or on vacation. How lovely. Digicel rep's excuse: "Our systems will not be able to handle the traffic since we know that everyone will be utilising their mobile phones".

This is coming from the same mouth of the "Bigger Better Network" and the network where "your credit lasts longer", meanwhile there were no notifications of the suspension, this was all caught by surprise.

What is your opinion on this matter? I think that the bigger better network should have enough space allocated for their users, especially when they have 80% of the market share. They need to plan ahead of time instead of saving every penny they can and ripping our wallets apart. And if the systems are congested, so be it. We can try again in 2 minutes to send the message or to place that phone call. I'd rather have it that way than have to pay full price. I am now accustomed to spending no more than $100 for a 60 minutes call. That would have costed me $480 yesterday if I had not figured out that Gimme 5 was suspended.

I do understand that Gimme 5 is a promotion that may end at any time, but fairness needs to come into place. Gimme 5 is running now for about a year and to just take it away from us with no notice is ridiculous.

Why complain when you have choices?
    "Digicel too TEEF!!!!"

Digicel's mascot is the Grinch. I wouldn't expect any better.
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Dec 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Why complain when you have choices?
    I have a Digicel and LIME. 80% of Jamaica has Digicel and the biggest problem of all is it costs $17.70 per minute to cross networks. Claro doesn't work well for me so they're not an option. Digicel's Gimme 5 applies when calling all customers, LIME's unlimited calling is $400 per month to call just one person freely. I'm stuck

That is utter rubbish thieving Digicel, dem do the same thing and other stuff last year so use you brain and remember, there was also so double up or something like that...but what do we expect
    Last edited by Djohne; Dec 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM.

... they didn't notify of the suspension? If they didn't then that's awful. If they did, then "oh well"...

A gf of mine told me about it, I did not get a notification. Despite all the bitter troubles I had with them in the latter part of the year, and my "defection" I dont really see the problem here. Prior to seeing this thread I had it in my head that this is the first ever christmas in atleast 5 years that I have not had problems with the digicel network, last season I had problems up till mid-january.

I really doubt it's because of gimmi-5 being off though, it has more to do with their subscriber usage dropping, from my hypothesis I believe that alot of people who were weighing down the system in the last 5 or so years have either moved fully to LIME/Claro, or they are using their digicel less(biggest possibility). This is a sign to the company.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

Thats true they didnt notify us but the reason why them do it is because them nuh want people flood them network cause some people would just keep forwarding merry Christmas to everyone in there phone
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries