Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Traded My Bb storm 2 for a nokia n900. I love It!

jomo Guest

lol, all that on more on bb, and it looks ten times better, the os, the phone itself

there will always be nokia fanboys, its up to us to just, well, pity them... lol

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    lol, all that on more on bb, and it looks ten times better, the os, the phone itself

there will always be nokia fanboys, its up to us to just, well, pity them... lol
    The N900 is not a Symbian OS phone. If it was Symbian, I too would agree that it has nothing special about. It's a complete Linux-based phone, more so than even Android. You can do most things on it that you could on a computer running a Linux Distro. You can connect a computer external hard drive to it. You can connect a media center to it. Android can do this too, but you would have to jump through a few hoops to interface directly with the Linux Kernel in Android. That is where the N900 is different. Its mobile OS is based on the Debian Linux ditro, so you can even port desktop Linux softwares like Openoffice, Gimp, Wine (to run Windows software), etc.

This is not your average smartphone. It is a tablet pc. You can even dual boot it with Android as well. You can even run Ubuntu on it too. There is a video on youtube in which some one has Lubuntu running on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Do you even have the ability to do your best?

Got a few questions.

Where in jomo's post made sense to you?
    What truth did you get from jomo's post?
    How you comparing your iphone to a blackberry?

Yes I am enjoying the trade. I didnt know this phone was all that.
    Where he says blackberry has good connection
    when he sayS compare to blackberry nokia users are left in the dark
    isnt both a phone? why cant i compare iphone and blackberry? dont they do the same functions? i can compare it to ur n900 2 or what ever phone you have.
    Last edited by hv_thugg; Dec 26, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

pezz all mi a seh is sell me it summer
    One plus one-CM11H44s

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    isnt both a phone? why cant i compare iphone and blackberry? dont they do the same functions? i can compare it to ur n900 2 or what ever phone you have.
    Define "good connection".
    How are nokia users left in the dark? We can do whatever we please with our phones.

See how dumb you and jomo sound? Your iphone our bb forced you in the dark
    Smarten up please.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Jomo dont listen to them what you saying is the truth, But hes telling the truth also blackberry phones has nothing apart fom connection ... But nokias os is lame as well if ima change from iphone it must be an android. But glad ur enjoying ur phone pezz
    Maemo is way better than android bro. read up.

Quote Originally Posted by marl30 View Post
    The N900 is not a Symbian OS phone. If it was Symbian, I too would agree that it has nothing special about. It's a complete Linux-based phone, more so than even Android. You can do most things on it that you could on a computer running a Linux Distro. You can connect a computer external hard drive to it. You can connect a media center to it. Android can do this too, but you would have to jump through a few hoops to interface directly with the Linux Kernel in Android. That is where the N900 is different. Its mobile OS is based on the Debian Linux ditro, so you can even port desktop Linux softwares like Openoffice, Gimp, Wine (to run Windows software), etc.

This is not your average smartphone. It is a tablet pc. You can even dual boot it with Android as well. You can even run Ubuntu on it too. There is a video on youtube in which some one has Lubuntu running on it.
    I bet they didnt know that?

As a current BB user (company provided, they even pay the bill), I must say they are crap, most of you are excited about the BBS and think its the BB that is doing something special. Give the BBS functionality to any other smartphone and BB phones would stop selling. (even the e71 would outsell them)

BBS has been around forever, some bright exec thought it would be good to sell it the non-corporate users too but the truth is its not all that esp when you do use it as it was intended. try to do anything else with a BB and it utterly FAILS.

I know for a fact that anyone who is going crazy over a BB isnt a long time user, the moment they get an Android or a an iphone they cant go back to a BB.

Now lets talk about the N900. It has phone functionality but its not a smartphone its a MID (Mobile Internet Device), Its better than a netbook IMHO.

I would pay the Cheddar for it , just one problem, None that I am aware of can be made to work with Claro or LIME 3G, and Digi is still a 2G only network. Honestly thats the only reason I dont go out of my way to try and get one.

The thing Is AWESOME.
    THANK GOD

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Define "good connection".
    How are nokia users left in the dark? We can do whatever we please with our phones.

See how dumb you and jomo sound? Your iphone our bb forced you in the dark
    Smarten up please.
    sir peez whilst the comments made towards the Nokia by fellow BB users may be harsh they unfortunately for you are actually true. You're initial question from the start of this topic would have been naturally accepted by the nokia fans here but considering you had the BB storm 2 in box and put away and then to trade it up for a nokia whichever one btw will surly warrant some heavy hitting blackberry users. as this is the season to be jolly i will try to be as charismatic as i can in telling you that if you seriously did your research you would and can still find out that that was the dumbest trade down a person could ever make blackberry -nokia.

before yu smart something off in response to my post kindly do some research as i said

Nokia's email app for this phone is incredibly slow under load, and the N900 doesn’t even support MMS out of the box. BlackBerry's push email client in town, surpasses the Nokia by far.In addition BlackBerry’s encryption and physical keyboard make RIM’s platform a must-have if messaging is most important to you as it is to almost everyone else.
    Last edited by Cultus; Jan 6, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    Nokia's email app for this phone is incredibly slow under load, and the N900 doesn’t even support MMS out of the box. BlackBerry's push email client in town, surpasses the Nokia by far.In addition BlackBerry’s encryption and physical keyboard make RIM’s platform a must-have if messaging is most important to you as it is to almost everyone else.
    Madness, BB-Service alone, nothing else. the E71 (hence nokia) has a better MS exchange functionality. which is the most widely used corporate email system in use today. They just dont have a dedicated dataplan (like BBS).

Without a dedicated data plan all other phones are at a disadvantage, not just nokia. If they all had similar dataplans maybe a few dozen of us would be left with BB and thats because we wouldnt have much of a choice since our companies pay for them (enterprise server and all).

The BBS encryption isnt unbeatable, the truth is allowing your email to pass through another company's servers is very insecure esp considering that it has no Jamaican servers like IBM and such other corporate service providers, thats why so many countries have banned the BBS and have forced them to comply in this regard.

The physical keyboard isnt a BB only feature, the N900 has a better suited one for this purpose as do many smartphone alternatives to the BB.

A BB - N900 trade is boss, a BB to e71 trade is even, a BB- a flashlight phone alone would support your argument.

BB are all plastic and that alone turns me off, for phones that expensive they sure look and feel like crap.

I would love to see a BB addict go without BBS and give a fair review of the phone itself before making silly comments.

And this is coming from a current BB user.
    THANK GOD

im not going to b a fanboy but a bb is for bbm if u want it for that u buy it for that but wen it comes to os and features nokia and android dominates simply put bb are good phones but when compared to nokia and android and iphones they fall very short
    One plus one-CM11H44s

sir peez whilst the comments made towards the Nokia by fellow BB users may be harsh they unfortunately for you are actually true. You're initial question from the start of this topic would have been naturally accepted by the nokia fans here but considering you had the BB storm 2 in box and put away and then to trade it up for a nokia whichever one btw will surly warrant some heavy hitting blackberry users. as this is the season to be jolly i will try to be as charismatic as i can in telling you that if you seriously did your research you would and can still find out that that was the dumbest trade down a person could ever make blackberry -nokia.

before yu smart something off in response to my post kindly do some research as i said
    lol I read this and it was like reading the script from a comedy film that never made it.

This guy surely have no idea what the nokia N900 is, he keeps referring to 'nokia', nothing but nokia, without taking the time out to know that they cover from low end to high end. A blackberry is the only phone I would NEVER EVER in my wildest dream buy, it just does not match what I expect from a smartphone. Smartphones are no longer just about email and IM, it should fullfill a role that will enable you to stay productive and entertained away from your pc. The N900 is not a smartphone but more of a MID with a phone radio built in.

Maemo is original linux, that is; it was built from a linux kernel without any customization or modifications, it is basically an OS with pc potentials on a handheld.

The device is also purely native which unlike BB and Android(Both java Virtual Machine based) can actively run native code without much consulting with the manufacturer(Android does this with the NDK). This along with it sharing 90% of it's frontline code with DESKTOP debian allows it to run just about any code a linux debian desktop can, all need to do is recompile to allow the app to run on the ARM architecture.

That alone shows that BBs code base and system is TOTALLY and without doubt inferior to Maemo on the N900, there is just no competition; one is based on a java runtime while the other is pure native desktop operating system.

Now the N900 is the most flexible mobile device there is to date; you can run macOS, windows(up to 98 I think), android(quite useable) as well as being able to do a plethora of other things that I neither have the time or memory to to write. The N900 also have the best browser EVER to grace a mobile handset.

So comparing a java based restrictive OS(if it can truly be classified as a proper OS) to one that is entirely based on full desktop code is a no brainer, no comparison.

I have an N97 mini and the only problem I have with the email app is the lack of kinetic scrolling, it organizes my emails properly and switching between them is easy and simple, I receive emails instantaenously( less than 5 seconds after being sent). LOL @ physical keyboard, I dont know if you realised but most of nokia's corporate devices have a physical keyboard, plus they have alot of metal and is not built out of plastic recycled from chinese toys(thats what BBs feel like to me).

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Madness, BB-Service alone, nothing else. the E71 (hence nokia) has a better MS exchange functionality. which is the most widely used corporate email system in use today. They just dont have a dedicated dataplan (like BBS).

Without a dedicated data plan all other phones are at a disadvantage, not just nokia. If they all had similar dataplans maybe a few dozen of us would be left with BB and thats because we wouldnt have much of a choice since our companies pay for them (enterprise server and all).

The BBS encryption isnt unbeatable, the truth is allowing your email to pass through another company's servers is very insecure esp considering that it has no Jamaican servers like IBM and such other corporate service providers, thats why so many countries have banned the BBS and have forced them to comply in this regard.

The physical keyboard isnt a BB only feature, the N900 has a better suited one for this purpose as do many smartphone alternatives to the BB.

A BB - N900 trade is boss, a BB to e71 trade is even, a BB- a flashlight phone alone would support your argument.

BB are all plastic and that alone turns me off, for phones that expensive they sure look and feel like crap.

I would love to see a BB addict go without BBS and give a fair review of the phone itself before making silly comments.

And this is coming from a current BB user.
    I believe we are wasting our time, their eyes are blocked and so they are unwilling to try anything new. I have been to iOS, Android, windows mobile and I am back with an N97 mini now... it does cause me alot of swearing but nothing is better than the customization and familiarity of symbian, waiting for the UI modifications to come before I buy an E7.
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline