0 0%
  • Siemens SX66

0 0%
  • Sony Ericsson P800/P900/P910

19 35.85%
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Which SmartPhone ?

Default Which SmartPhone ?

I had the chance to play with the Sony Ericsson P910i the other day, and im still in shock ... the thing is damn near too good to be tru, im now definalty gonna have to get one ... and even at a price of 42k I think its worth every cent, if not more ... the phone makes the motorola Razor look like a toy ...

My question, is there any other phone on the market that even comes close to comparing to the P910 ?
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 9, 2005 at 11:50 PM.

Default Re: SE P910i

yo first off yute its good that you've seen the light secondly the razr was always a joke, i would give it to my dog as a chew toy "thats what i think of its functionality as a smartphone" i dont see the big hype about it. only thing it have going is that its slim but if you take a second and think about it where it gain its thinnes it gains in lateral dimension space, there for i can derive the equation [samsung s300 < under the pressure of a steamroller> = moto RAZR ] its as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet
    I had the chance to play with the Sony Ericsson P910i the other day, and im still in shock ... the thing is damn near too good to be tru, im now definalty gonna have to get one ... and even at a price at 42k I think its worth every cent, if not more ... the phone makes the motorola Razor look like a toy ...

My question, is there any other phone on the market that even comes close to comparing to the P910 ?
    Look into the Treo. Ive been using it for one week and Im in love. The things I can do with this thing...I wont even need a laptop anymore.

Besides, there is more software available for the Treo than for the P910.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Yup, razor is most definatly a gimmic .... the phone juss Lame ... both looks and features ......

The P910 on the other hand ... looks ... features ..... nothing can touch it. truss mi, you know the ease it is the have a Phone/pda/mp3 player/digicam all in one device, and to add a very reasonable priced & sized device .... damn im obsessed with this phone

The Treo 600 and 650 are indeed excellent phones. Equipped with the PalmSource O/S 5, I personally think that this phone is much better than the Sony P910i. Please note that even though I am writing these good things about the Treo, I am still in love with the Windows Mobile O/S, I am just not in a position to locate any phone with running the Windows Mobile O/S with the various the features to match my life style.

For now I will stick with the Treo 600, until that dream phone comes around. (Oh! I will also have to wait for the reviews before buying that phone too, dont want to repeat the same mistake.)

I think if you take a look at the Treo power, you will say something else. By the way, please remember that the Symbian O/S still has a limited software library and this will be so for several years.

Within the next 2 years, there will only be two big players, PalmSource (linux) and Windows Mobile. Make sure that your investment is worth the effort you are doing now.

Oh! for the records, I have invested in both Palm and PocketPC. I have also tried several Pocket PC PDA and one Pocket Phone Edition (crap) from HP. I love the Pocket PC feeling and will always love it.
    Last edited by zandex; Mar 9, 2005 at 09:35 PM.
    Be what's next!

Nobody said the v3 was a smart phone, its a clear fashion phone and nothing else. Any device with windows os would be spectacular and have loads of apps. The pocket pcs that I have played with make me feel like I am using my pc. Same apps, same os.

Used a treo once, seemed decent still. Great screen, great abundance of apps because its palm os, all in all a great device. Only thing the p910 might be lacking is wifi capability which most other pocket pcs come with. Check out this Qtek 9090 Digicel now offers this beauty. This is buy far better than a p910i.

Class: smartphone
    Position in the range: above HTC Himalaya
    Rivals: Motorola MPx, Sony Ericsson p910
    Operational system: Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Pocket PC Phone Edition
    Processor: Intel XScale PXA263 400 MHz
    GSM 900/1800/1900, GPRS Class B, multislot class 10 ( switched to class 8)
    RAM: 128 Mb (125.77 Mb available for the user)
    Available flash-memory: 43.26 Mb
    Inerfaces: SD/MMC slot with SDIO, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, IrDA
    Display: 3.5” with the resolution of 320x240 pixels, 65 colors
    Built-in VGA camera, a possibility to record video
    Battery: removable Li-Ion of 1490 mAh capacity
    Dimensions: 125x71.6x18.7 mm (170 mm – length in the opened mode)
    Weight: 212 g.
    Last edited by MiTcHiE; Mar 9, 2005 at 09:40 PM.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

The Qtek 9090 currently cost over $60,000 at Digicel stores, on special order. While I would love to have one, come on...I cant afford that type of price tag.

The phones which are in the same category as the Sony P910i are

- Treo 600 (no bluetooth) / 650 (Palm O/S)
    - Motorola MPx - (Windows O/S)
    - Siemens SX66 "
    - Qtek 9090 "
    - HP Ipaq 6500 with GPS

Now you can pick and refuse...
    Last edited by zandex; Mar 9, 2005 at 10:12 PM.
    Be what's next!

Quote Originally Posted by Moni-Q
    Look into the Treo. Ive been using it for one week and Im in love. The things I can do with this thing...I wont even need a laptop anymore.

Besides, there is more software available for the Treo than for the P910.
    O yeah, i totally forgot about the Treo ... its also hype, but it has 2 characteristices which i really dont want in a phone ..
    1) It has and antenna .. lol, and now its minor, but i just hate phones with antennas
    2) In all fairness it isnt as sleek as the p910 in that the 910 with the flip closed looks like you ordinary phone, open flip and it transforms into a pda

about the software issue remember the p910 is fairly new, so give it some time im sure there be allot of apps available for it, as i see this phone talking over the world ... muahahaha

The phone

Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 9, 2005 at 10:04 PM.

The amount I have seen so far. Loads on money in Jamaica. Plus the P910 is pretty expensive too.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

I see your heart is set on the Sony P910i. But have you really used one of those device? Have you tried a Treo 600 before?

If your plans is to the PDA feature on that unit, I am warning you from now, the keyboard sucks... By the way, Sony is in the process of designing a device without the flip keyboard, so they are following the rest of the world (late as per usual).

I will be reviewing the Qtek 9090, however I dont want to purchase one and end up in the same problem as before.
    Last edited by zandex; Mar 9, 2005 at 09:49 PM.
    Be what's next!