Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel's Latest Promotions!!!!

Default Re: Digicel's Latest Promotions!!!!

At stadium and any other big event what happens is that alot of people will have a digicel phone in that same area. Think about the result. A cell site was made to handle x amount of subscribers. At a major event at stadium where tons of people congregate such as champs now the numbers are greatly magnified in the regions of 5-10 x. What u might not know is that this is a fault of every gsm network unless u have the money to use more sites and more advanced sites in a certain geographic area. To sorta ease this problem Digicel uses a Mobile cell site, its basically a truck that would park up at these major events. Most people dont notice it but it is there at most events where huge crowds are expected.

Also this might not be a problem for candw as yet because they dont have the amount of subscribers as yet. But eventually it will be.
    Last edited by MiTcHiE; Mar 10, 2005 at 12:08 PM.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    At stadium and any other big event what happens is that alot of people will have a digicel phone in that same area. Think about the result. A cell site was made to handle x amount of subscribers. At a major event at stadium where tons of people congregate such as champs now the numbers are greatly magnified in the regions of 5-10 x. What u might not know is that this is a fault of every gsm network unless u have the money to use more sites and more advanced sites in a certain geographic area. To sorta ease this problem Digicel uses a Mobile cell site, its basically a truck that would park up at these major events. Most people dont notice it but it is there at most events where huge crowds are expected.

Also this might not be a problem for candw as yet because they dont have the amount of subscribers as yet. But eventually it will be.
    Mitchie you are correct, however Digicel aim to situate more cell sites at geographical location where there is expected to be high volume of calls. Stadium in particular has additional cell sites to accomodate these high volume of calls to prevent congestion

Back in the day with C&W, every Friday you can bet on getting "Network Busy". I am now getting that every Friday (morning - early nights) on my Digicel phone. I'm also getting dropped calls more as well.
    C&W service has improved (I use both heavily on a daily basis) but they too are dropping calls often.
    Last edited by king; Mar 10, 2005 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king
    Back in the day with C&W, every Friday you can bet on getting "Network Busy". I am now getting that every Friday (morning - early nights) on my Digicel phone. I'm also getting dropped calls more as well.
    C&W service has improved (I use both heavily on a daily basis) but they too are dropping calls often.
    I can speak for Digicel, this can be due to lack of coverage in a particular area, dropped calls are expected sometimes but not frequently so if you find your calls are being dropped regularly then it's either lack of coverage or the phone may be faulty or congestion

sup DigiFell
    heh

Quote Originally Posted by $Pretty Boy$
    I can speak for Digicel, this can be due to lack of coverage in a particular area, dropped calls are expected sometimes but not frequently so if you find your calls are being dropped regularly then it's either lack of coverage or the phone may be faulty or congestion
    The logical option is congestion as my phone is a properly working T610 and the dropped calls take place in halfway tree, washington boulevard, portmore and mona (these are the areas I'm sure/can remember).
    Anyone else has any problems with getting "Network Busy" lately?

Digicel Barbados latest Promotion...

Buy the Samsung X450 and get a free mp3 player.... while stock lasts
    Keep the faith
    Manifest the power
    Believe in yourself
    Mind how you trust others...

bajan2nv

what kinda mp3 player!!!!
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Quote Originally Posted by d12nv

They do that here in Canada. Sometimes they give away a MP3 player (128MB), a DVD or low end PDA.

Recently 1 mobile had a promotion where by if you are another mobile customer and you switch over they would give you a new camera phone, 1 year free service (you have to pay the $5 service charge and some other service charge). So I was gonna switch but to keep me they made me the same offer. So I was able to get from them Ericsson T637 at no cost, 700 daytime minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends and unlimited incoming calls for 1 year free of cost.

Unlike Jamaica, we dont usually get unlimited incoming calls.

Quote Originally Posted by d12nv

Man u see those crazy deal. In Jamaica we have a simular promotion going now, however this has to be with chance to win 125 Samsung TVs. In your case, you buy a phone and get a free MP3 player.
    Be what's next!