Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel's Latest Promotions!!!!

Default Re: Digicel's Latest Promotions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by $Pretty Boy$
    Yes i can understand what you guys are saying and i completely agree. Lets just hope that the next promotion will give all Digicel customers benefits of being such loyal customers.
    I was hoping that you work with Digicel, and as a result can take back our messages to them directly.

We are the loyal ones!..and we deserve only the best..We have stayed through trouble Ivan and will remain if appreciated.
    Be what's next!

Nonesense!! When there is a problem with digicel's system, you hear how many of the so called "loyal" customers try and get free credit. Then after the dust clears they want digicel to give out free credit for being loyal.
    LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    Nonesense!! When there is a problem with digicel's system, you hear how many of the so called "loyal" customers try and get free credit. Then after the dust clears they want digicel to give out free credit for being loyal.
    LOL!!!!
    I dont know about others, but I have been with Digicel since April 2001. I have also had my CW mobile since the good old days of TDMA. So I think I can consider myself a loyal customer, and I would want to believe that their are others like me out of the 1.1 million customers.
    Be what's next!

until digi and C&W start getting phones within a reasonable time of them being relesed i don't think it matters much to me that they have a promotion.

I am loyal to no one

they both are rubbish but l8ly digicel been the smellier of the two
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    until digi and C&W start getting phones within a reasonable time of them being relesed i don't think it matters much to me that they have a promotion.
    I am not sure the problem is with getting the phone, but it might be internal to each company. Please note that these companies must** test every single phone on their own network prior to release to the public. This is to ensure the highest level of quality once a phone hits the market place.

I can recall seeing the Treo 600 being tested months before it was released by CW and I would want to believe that the same process will continue for any uprade to this and any other units.
    Be what's next!

i know they have to test the new phones, but have there been phones that are rated for there network that doesn't work? and why do they have to test for like 3-6 months

Just using the rating of a phone, does not means it will work on the network here in Jamaica. Please note that these companies use different GSM switches, Towers configurations, Switching software from their counterparts in the US and sometimes in Europe.

You also have to understand that the local telecos have to get their technical team, customer centre, marketing team and just about everything and everyone ready for a new phone. Preparation is critical to the success of the release of new phones within these companies.

Another important fact, we cannot in no way expect to compare CW and Digicel with big giants like Cinigular and T-Mobile. These guys have the resources in-house and might have signed **exclusive ** contracts with the phone vendors.

I think the right thing here are those binding contracts between the first carrier and the phone provider. Some contracts might state that T-Mobile have exclusive rights to a particular unit for x months. Once that timeframe has expired then the other carriers can jump on the bandwagon.

You might also see that during testing process locally a phone generates new errors and as such cannot be use here. Another important factor , is conducting feasibliity studies for those new phones, remember that every phone that is a hit in the Europe will not replicate that same success over here. As a direct result of this, the local companies will allow of to conduct their own findings and recommendations.
    Be what's next!

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    Digicel smigicel...i jumped the C&W band wagon and join the digicel crew. Service WAS good but is now very close to C&W's previous MO. I only have my digi cause most people still ahve it but i do prefer the service from C&W. I can't really say their promotions have any effect on me.....

all mi want a lotto!!!
    Can you say why you think Digicel service is like C&W now, what happened? what's your experience?

it seems that whenever i really need to make an emergency/important call my digicel phone fails me

i thought it was only when i am crowded places or clubs....bwoy i still have nightwares about being stranded at champs last year when i got seperated from my friends and couldn't use my phone.......sometimes i can't even get to put on credit so i duno wat the prob is

props to C&W though...although they had to get a kick in the face to come to their senses....i waiting on the next promotion from them to get a a second phone
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan