Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how to pass ccna

wat about subnetting u having problems with?
    i guess its chapter 6?
    where u doing ccna?
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

yes chapter 6.....................subnetting!!!!! No mention of that was made by u.
    EQUIVALENT ENTERPRISE

learn to master the "magic number" an u set- believe me it not as hard as u think but believe me - its sumn u goin use for the rest of ur networking life so once u get it - u criss fa life
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ruption View Post
    yes chapter 6.....................subnetting!!!!! No mention of that was made by u.
    what aspect of subnetting u dont understand........... if possible cud u post a question that u dont understand and ill try to help

for me - it helps to brake down the mask into its binary form and see the 0's as hosts and the 1ns as subnets.. eg(255.255.224.0 = 11111111.11111111.11100000.00000000)

then to get the number of subnets - because its a class B subnet mask, u take the number of ones from the third octet and set it as a power of two - eg(2^3 = 6) and for the number of hosts per subnet, you simply take all the 0's set them as the power of 2 then subtract by 2 (2^13 = 8192 - 2* = 8190) *two is subtracted because u have to reserve two non-host address in each subnet - the first address for network address and the last as broadcast domain

so then u know u going have a class B subnet mask with 6 subnets having 8190 hosts in each
    of course learning "magic number" is easier but this i the way i been doing it since college
    Last edited by vylle; Jun 4, 2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

I dont work it out.... I use my head... and store the subnet chart... so that way I can just pick them out of my head.... its like office and windows keys... at one stage i could give you 10 office keys or windows keys on the fly... photographic memory makes life much easier...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFactor1 View Post
    I dont work it out.... I use my head... and store the subnet chart... so that way I can just pick them out of my head.... its like office and windows keys... at one stage i could give you 10 office keys or windows keys on the fly... photographic memory makes life much easier...

im the exact same..... when i was learning how to subnet i was determined to not learn by means of ANDing that is bunch of 1s and 0s to find the correct subnet... so it all depends on how u learn

personaly i dont have ime to draw up 1s and 0s all the time so i studied the chart the 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 and i studied how much hosts remaining on the subnet based on that.

doing my CCNA self study and my private lab of one router and two switches. Hopefully I can pass my exams by next month. I use the internet (two free sites mainly) and also packet tracer for advance lab with two routers. I will be willing to loan out my lab equipments by the weekly starting October month end. What would be a reasonable cost per week?
    Cert. Computer Hardware Technician, Windows XP. Certification: A+, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, CCNA, CCNA security next
    Reading:Linux System Administration 3rd
    PM me or Call 393-2119. Actively seeking a JOB.

Quote Originally Posted by kemar1014 View Post
    doing my CCNA self study and my private lab of one router and two switches. Hopefully I can pass my exams by next month. I use the internet (two free sites mainly) and also packet tracer for advance lab with two routers. I will be willing to loan out my lab equipments by the weekly starting October month end. What would be a reasonable cost per week?
    Then i assume you mean "I will be willing to RENT OUT my lab equipment...." Don't want anyone getting the wrong impression...

went to do my exam today a Mona School of Business and computer went A-wire. a wonder when I will get a new chance.
    Cert. Computer Hardware Technician, Windows XP. Certification: A+, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, CCNA, CCNA security next
    Reading:Linux System Administration 3rd
    PM me or Call 393-2119. Actively seeking a JOB.