Thread: Kinect Beats Apple Products to Become Fastest Selling Gadget in History

Default Kinect Beats Apple Products to Become Fastest Selling Gadget in History

Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect sales has surprised the world of gaming, with the latest figures suggesting the sales rates of the Kinect have now surpassed that of the Apple iPad and Nintendo Wii console. Microsoft’s goal for the end of the year is 5 million units, after selling 2.5 million units in 25 days we would say they are well on there way.

In comparison, the Apple iPad took 90 days to sell 4.5 million units, a very impressive figure especially in the current economic climate but Microsoft has sold over 2.5 million units in 25 days, meaning if it keeps its pace, it will take less than two months to reach that figure. Kinect units are selling at a rate of 100,000 units per day versus 50,000 per day for iPads. Other official stats from the Microsoft press release show that the Kinect has sold twice as fast as the Sony PlayStation Move, which sold just 1 million sales in its first month.
    http://www.redmondpie.com/microsoft-...et-in-history/
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

and sony says they have passed 4.1 million sales. M$ spending $500 million, I read, to pimp the thing to the clueless masses. So...
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Isn't the iPad way more expensive than Kinect anyway? You have to take stuff like that into consideration.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

This was expected just the idea had people excited now its here everybody who have xbox wanna try it, plus the hacks them a get more interesting everyday

Well I got the Kinnect and for me its worth selling so much in that short amount of time. I was wondering what it would offer, but hey I am impressed and it works as accurately as was advertised.

the Ipad is $400 - $800 so comparing it's sales numbers to the Kinect which costs $150 is hardly apples to apples. pardon the pun. M$ needed something to boost the 360 anyway. i still can't believe it doesnt have a blu-ray drive yet. theyre really holding out on that one.

i know the kinect would do great because it has high expectations
    Once there is life there is hope to acheive anything.