Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan
Hey, i have a question, we non believers or more accurately non christian/jewish god figures believers behave as preachy as the christians ?

not a diss, just wondering if church mandate says that you should try to convince or convert others ?

I really dont believe in prayer, my belief in god is basically, dont #$#% with me and i will do my best to be a good person. and when i die if you exist in the judeachristian way, that i be allowed to get answers to couple questions before i go whereever i am going. other wise it is either oblivion or as they say in star trek "the last undiscovered country"
In answer to your question the answer is yes, Christian are charged with a mandate to go out and spread the word of God.

Anyway, here are some scriptures which tells Christians what they are to do. These are just a few.

Matthew 4:19 - And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

Matthew 10:7 And preach as you go, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

1 Corinthians 9:16 For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

1 Corinthians 4:5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.

2 Timothy 4:2-5 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths. 5 As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil your ministry.