Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can bluetooth connect 3 systems

Question Can bluetooth connect 3 systems

Can bluetooth usb connect computers together? If so, is there a case in which it connects more than two computers, say like a network hub. And what parts are required to do this?

Default Re: Can bluetooth connect 3 systems

i think it can, not sure, i know a bluetooth device such as a phone can connect to several other bluetooth accessories at a time. so in theory it should.

Has anybody tried this.

if comeone lends me 3 usb dongles i will!

Ha ha ha. Lol

Isnt bluetooth technology only able to pair 2 devices at any one time?

Basic principle of bluetooth is pairing.

So to network them u would have to pair and unpair constantly. Which wouldnt really be a network since if 2 are already paired the other/s would have to wait to get a chance to pair with any of the paired pcs. Hope that was clear.

Oh my answer is no to the original question.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

A device can pair with more than one other device iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by pogi_2nr
    A device can pair with more than one other device iirc.
    Using bluetooth?? I have never seen more than 2 devices connected at the same time using bluetooth. If that can be done I would love to know how and which devices can do this.
    Last edited by MiTcHiE; Mar 4, 2005 at 06:33 PM.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Ok here is my view/response. Amm...U can connect one or more devices to a single device via bluetooth, but here is the thing; with most handsets that I use, u are able to set the priority of a connected device to a higher priority than the other. In that whenever a transmission is sent from the "mother" device/server it seeks out the device with the higher priority, then in any instance, it seeks out the other with the lower priority. Thats my experience with my devices, eg... BT printer, pda.. But what I notice tho, I agree with Mitche somewhat, is that u cannot communicate with devices with a common transmission at the same time, eg a phone to three other phones or whatever, as each device may require unique passwords, as they do communicate at diff frequences, as bluetooth is a short range digital two-way radio. For instance u can connect a BT headstet and still be able to send and recieve stuff from another device, one is voice, the other data. So I srtrong believe that it isnt possible, right now with the bluetooth versions that are out, v1.0 and v1.1, until there are new ones out, and proves otherwise.

Ohh nice nice, I like the thought of being able to do this. Hopefully bluetooth will be much better in this respect in the future.