Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!!! Hdd Problem

well i guess it dead cause i jus try format it from cmd n it says the boot sectors are damaged....so it looks like a physical repair that.......i notice in "Maxfactor" sig he repairs hdds.....wonder if him can sort it out or maybe it better i get another 1 cause this may jus happen again.......

Which brands u guys recommend......WD look like a good brand.....had a 500gb external 4 2yrs now n it never give a prob yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    wonder if is a factory thing.......cause it didnt show any signs no clicking nuttn power only went away on it once and it was never dropped and i only had it since september
    Similar thing happened to my Seagate 1tb drive. It died little over a month after I had got it, and 2 days after I had relocated all my important data to it. Funny thing is, it worked the morning before I went to work. Did you try the firmware fix patch?

My suggestion is anything but Seagate, but you can't go wrong with WD.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    2 days after I had relocated all my important data to it.

My suggestion is anything but Seagate, but you can't go wrong with WD.
    That is exactly what happened in my case......and i had 2 do something so i didnt get to try the firmware fix yet....but i doubt it'l work because the boot sectors are damaged...i cant even format it or anything

Different strokes for different folks........I've never had an issue with Seagate - had the opposite with WD. Anyways - if you throwing out the drive let me know pls - I have one that I accidentally fried the board that I'd like to try and get working. Where is that thread?

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65793
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    Which brands u guys recommend.....
    Cant go wrong or beat the good ole Western Digital.
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

Western digital all the way. Currently running a 640 caviar black No problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    hell no... two years now i wrote off seagate

cant get me near anything over 300gig from seagate
    I tell you, I bought this: http://techjamaica.com/forums/showth...664#post669664
    and ended up having to return it 2hrs ago cuz every lappy I plug it into gimmie a hardware malfunction message *hisses tooth* 1TB+ info gone poof.
    And me like idiot go exchange it for this one

cuz it's all they had in 2TB
    Good amount of seagate and maxtor hdds I fling weh over the years. WD mi seh.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

up to 3 yrs ago . u wud never get me spen MY $ on Wd .......every single one i bought died

the one the 1 got free still good.

now i swear by the , BLACK SERIES next on my list
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.