Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSN Messenger Virus: BEWARE

Default Re: MSN Messenger Virus: BEWARE

Yeah thanks for the heads up! Haven't hapened to me yet, however, I am unable to connect to nor run messenger. Could this be one their means to affect me?? Getting a box saying would you like MSN to troubleshoot connectivity??

Thoughts please!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara
    Yeah thanks for the heads up! Haven't hapened to me yet, however, I am unable to connect to nor run messenger. Could this be one their means to affect me?? Getting a box saying would you like MSN to troubleshoot connectivity??

Thoughts please!
    This could be as a result of your bandwidth, i.e. your internet connection speed. Start a similar discussion in the software forum and lets us see if we can help you.

The worm (since it propogates its self) may come with varying effects depending on the the strand that you get. Several exploits come to mind.

Here is some information on the worm from SARC ->Here-<

Arch ... serveral of the persons whose account tried to send it to me are Techies from Techjamaica.
    Last edited by Nastrodamus; Mar 7, 2005 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Typo
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrodamus
    Arch ... serveral of the persons whose account tried to send it to me are Techies from Techjamaica.
    Guess you need to choose your techies wisely then.

Any techie that I get this virus from coming off my list, for sure.

lol.....you can chose your friends but you can't chose your family....and we are all family here.......aren't we?

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

These files are so obvious, can't they change it up a little. Something like .jpg or .txt why .pif

.PIF?????

I got 13 of these requests from just one contact. With stuff like "me on holiday!.pif", "me in a bikini.pif" n stuff like that. The weirdest one was one that said "me at the pool yesterday.pif". I found this quite interesting because she lives in British Columbia, Canada and it's -6 centigrade. They really should get some better file names.
    私は退屈し, どの考えをも何私の署名として置くために 有しない
    Ignore whatever I post in RED

i have gotten a couple of these messages...i can remember one saying

"hot like fire joke.pif"

i have also gotten messages to my mobile phone
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    These files are so obvious, can't they change it up a little. Something like .jpg or .txt why .pif

.PIF?????

dude they do change it up, the smartest one i saw them do is make th eperson send you a url. i got one form a sistrin that said "hey check this out its really funny http:/url.com/blah" the funny thing is she generally does this type of stuff, i got it but removed it imediately.

Again it depends on the strand of worm that you get. There are different variations with different effects.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Here is a write on it the worm: http://securityresponse.symantec.com....kelvir.b.html

It is called the W32.Kelvir.B worm.

Also the Service Status on the messenger site says:

The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, some features may be unavailable. Please try again later.
    Last Update: 3/7/2005 11:43:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)
    http://messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 7, 2005 at 03:27 PM.