Thread: Access Your Gmail Via Pop On Your Treo 600/650 Handleld

Default Access Your Gmail Via Pop On Your Treo 600/650 Handleld

Just thought I'd share the info with my fellow Treo 600/650 Users. You can now get pop mail access to your gmail email account on your Treo. Well thats if you all use Gmail. Here are the Settings that worked perfectly off the bat for me. Just a note that the settings posted on google/gmail's website is incorrect for the Treo 600 the settings do not work for some unknown reason. So do not use it, use the settings below: Also the email client I am using is the latest version of snappermail. But it should work for other email clients as well as the built in Mail client that comes with The Treo.

I have my gmail pop set as:

Incoming:
    Pop3 server: pop.gmail.com
    username: myname@gmail.com
    password: mypassword
    on 'More' page:
    use port:995
    use apop: UNchecked
    use CRAM: UNchecked
    Always Secure(wrapped port)
    (had 'always trust server' checked, but after connecting, it becomes unchecked)

SMTP server:
    smtp.gmail.com
    username: myname@gmail.com
    password: mypassword
    on 'More' page:
    Use Port: 465
    Pop before Sent: UNchecked
    Always Secure(wrapped port)
    (had 'always trust server' checked, but after connecting, it becomes unchecked)
    Last edited by Cultus; Mar 7, 2005 at 12:18 PM. Reason: more info needs to be added
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Default Re: Access Your Gmail Via Pop On Your Treo 600/650 Handleld

Thank you for the heads up. This will be useful.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

It doesnt seem like there is anyway to change the port when you're using the default Mail Client. I guess it just assumes all mail will be going through port 25.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by Moni-Q
    It doesnt seem like there is anyway to change the port when you're using the default Mail Client. I guess it just assumes all mail will be going through port 25.
    hhhhmmmm I have never treid to use the default mail client that comes with the Treo...because it sucks so much...Moni-Q I will send you a copy of snappermail later today ok....use it instead...you can up to 8 pop accounts setup in it...plus send and receive mails with any attachment type....

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus
    hhhhmmmm I have never treid to use the default mail client that comes with the Treo...because it sucks so much...Moni-Q I will send you a copy of snappermail later today ok....use it instead...you can up to 8 pop accounts setup in it...plus send and receive mails with any attachment type....
    OK great! Thanks.
    -------------------
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

Thanks for the snappermail link Cultus, Im able to download mail from GMail now.

thats good news Moni-Q ....... have fun and be productive with it...