Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptops Using 500GB Hard Drive

Yung_Jah Guest

Default Laptops Using 500GB Hard Drive

Are these laptops effective? I mean....does anyone experience any problem with their laptop that came with 500GB few weeks after using the laptop (brand new).

Kinda weighing my options....if I should stick with 320GB or 500GB....though I dont have plans to store alot. So forget about the idea of "storage of data". Just need to know the lifespan.

I have a Gateway NV53A I bought probably 2 weeks now. I haven't experienced any problems on it vs my HP dv7 with 320GB (on which the hdd after numerous tests is now being used as a door jam), and it's been on pretty much 24/7 even when I'm at school or work. I just know I'm glad for the space seeing as I only have 14GB left of the actual 452GB it came with. I didn't plan on storing much on it either but, there you go. Even if you're not gonna store much better you have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Nov 24, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

portable HDD and even 160GB or a bit less is ok. Anyway, what would be the diff between a 320 and a 500GB laptop? =/
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

More space...........^_^
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    More space...........^_^
    obvioshfully... but why is he asking about reliability?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

prolly he thinkin the bigger size dies faster when actually its the faster RPM that dies faster
    go solid state then
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    I have a Gateway NV53A I bought probably 2 weeks now. I haven't experienced any problems on it vs my HP dv7 with 320GB (on which the hdd after numerous tests is now being used as a door jam), and it's been on pretty much 24/7 even when I'm at school or work. I just know I'm glad for the space seeing as I only have 14GB left of the actual 452GB it came with. I didn't plan on storing much on it either but, there you go. Even if you're not gonna store much better you have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Boss give me the dv7 please
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries