Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ovi Maps Jamaica

lol...lol...lol
    lol...lol...lol
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

u dont need ovi maps for ur e63 just get google maps cause its great.

i cant seem to find the download for my n97
    One plus one-CM11H44s

The version that i have on my n900 does not seem to be that accurate. while traveling round the kingston area it is ok but for country areas sometime your position is off even when you are traveling on a main road
    Worm di Engineer

I have a E71 and I hate the new OVI Suite, it's too bloated. I miss PC Suite, it was lightweight and did it all just the same. I dread to go through the pain of reinstalling OVI Suite. What would be nice is for me to go to a website and download it using my E71. No cables and no hassle. Anybody know any site I could get it from? Afterall, everything is supposed to be on the internet right?

Haavent you guys heard about Garmin mobile XT. with jamaica detailed Map? i have it running on my windows mobile phone, works with GSP signal only in real time not a pinch of internet required.

you guys are techies? google maps is the same as Ovi Map. thats what poping in the streets?. If you have any Nokia the supports Ovi maps use! ovi map are the actual maps of Jamaican developed by a Jamaican company, Nokia decided a few years ago to give free voice with this service can use even your own voice if you want in any language as well. So simply i can be in Kingston and tell my phone i want to be in Waka Pen Negril and it will guide me by voice turn by turn. in some countrys your OVI Map in walk mode will warn you if you are walking in a "bad area" to help prevent you getting robbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by d_genius View Post
    u dont need ovi maps for ur e63 just get google maps cause its great.

I honestly miss my Nokia N8 damn you puddle of water !, Ovi maps was way better than all my current map applications that i paid for on the iphone 4 ... Gps Drive - Fails here .. CityMaps2Go lol not even worth trying .. TeleNav Gps Plus all of them failed me ...
    If Nokia Launched an itunes app for ovi maps im definitely buying it back
    I also found that Ovi Maps has gotten my street name actually right and has various street names that google map doesn't ...
    there are also some streets that on google map that doesn't seem to be right ... like there a missing street that links two but they never recognised the middle ? ..
    Plus all the map apps comes with only 30Days of voice guidance ... i mean wtf ? .. year subscriptions is saddening ..
    The nokia N8 was totally free voice guidance no data plan required ( takes abit longer to lock on position ) and tons of free voices you can choose ..
    I think ill buy back a Nokia once i can find a cheap decent model for sale ... or ill buy back a N8 ..
    also if i changed course from the original one planned , ovi map recalculates and gives me new directions and never failed me ( had fun trying all opposite directions to make it get lost )
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilWolf View Post
    I honestly miss my Nokia N8 damn you puddle of water !, Ovi maps was way better than all my current map applications that i paid for on the iphone 4 ... Gps Drive - Fails here .. CityMaps2Go lol not even worth trying .. TeleNav Gps Plus all of them failed me ...
    If Nokia Launched an itunes app for ovi maps im definitely buying it back
    I also found that Ovi Maps has gotten my street name actually right and has various street names that google map doesn't ...
    there are also some streets that on google map that doesn't seem to be right ... like there a missing street that links two but they never recognised the middle ? ..
    Plus all the map apps comes with only 30Days of voice guidance ... i mean wtf ? .. year subscriptions is saddening ..
    The nokia N8 was totally free voice guidance no data plan required ( takes abit longer to lock on position ) and tons of free voices you can choose ..
    I think ill buy back a Nokia once i can find a cheap decent model for sale ... or ill buy back a N8 ..
    also if i changed course from the original one planned , ovi map recalculates and gives me new directions and never failed me ( had fun trying all opposite directions to make it get lost )
    Are you telling me the Nokia maps works better than Google maps in Jamaica?

well for me personally , driving around with the n8 i had when it was alive .. voice guided me perfectly ...
    google maps doesn't voice guide and requires a data plan just to work .... the Ovi Maps , you can download the entire jamaican map and use it offline ..
    plus im pretty sure no one here drives around and looks at their phone like an idiot to get to the place they want to go to .. thats why its ban in certain places around the world as a distraction that can causes major accidents ..
    its like driving slowly then look at the phone for 1-3 sec or longer depends if your phone glares in the sun then blam you either hit a person ( jamaican don't care for their own life when crossing ) or someone runs a redlight and hit you .. that few seconds counts ..
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.