Thread: LCD Monitor Malfunctioning

Default LCD Monitor Malfunctioning

My parents sent up my monitor from home with someone, and I got it today. I gave it a good wipe down with a wet cloth cuz it was kinda dirty. Problem is, the screen colours are showing as 256 colors for images that have more, along with mainly the green pixel glittering (as if the pixel couldn't decide if it should stay on or off). The glittering only occurs in those places on the screen where the image is made of "true" (I think) colours. What could have happened to it? Is it fixable? Or something that will go away with time?
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

go to the monitors maker site see if the is some diagnostics software & fix software
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

The model and such would have been nice to help us help you still.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    go to the monitors maker site see if the is some diagnostics software & fix software
    No luck on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    The model and such would have been nice to help us help you still.
    Sorry. It's a Proview 700P. 17".

BTW, I noticed that the "No Signal" background is now green too, instead of black...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;

Did you check the settings on the monitor itself? also try installing the monitor with the driver CD that came with it, assuming that you got the CD, if not download it via web. another thing is to make sure its not a problem with the cable itself.

This happens when the cable is not plugged in tight enough or damaged .

An interesting hint was given above. Have you checked the cable, and are you sure the pins are not bent or one of them get pushed up and not making contact? Check on that and tell us. Also - first result from Google after searching for "Proview 700P" showed problems.......
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Madshatta View Post
    Did you check the settings on the monitor itself? also try installing the monitor with the driver CD that came with it, assuming that you got the CD, if not download it via web. another thing is to make sure its not a problem with the cable itself.
    Bought it from someone here on TJ. Didn't get a CD. Besides, it always worked fine before.

Quote Originally Posted by dspjm28 View Post
    This happens when the cable is not plugged in tight enough or damaged .
    Maybe that could be the issue. My peeps actually UNSCREWED the stem from it before sending it up (even though I told them to just remove the base), and I'm still waiting on that part (it was sent separately from the monitor screen).

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    An interesting hint was given above. Have you checked the cable, and are you sure the pins are not bent or one of them get pushed up and not making contact? Check on that and tell us. Also - first result from Google after searching for "Proview 700P" showed problems.......
    The problems listed isn't the one I'm experiencing...

Got the rest of my stuff today and reattached the stem to the monitor. No change in the issue. Any other steps that can be taken?

I think a resistor on the circuit board may have gotten loose. Have a tv repair technician ccheck it
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge