Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You become A Techie??

Default Re:How Did You become A Techie??

It was a second love my first love was automotive technology then i went to the premier automotive school in the country jagas and became certified an automotive techinician but as soon as i graduated i got laid off and couldnt find another job and that was the end the auto industyr for me so it was on to my second love computers i did the a+ courses i just need to do the exams
    and secondly i was tired of asking my bro for help he was to busy and somtimes to tired to answer me
    he is my mentor im going to be better than him one day maybe i am now ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    Breakspeare, I love that part about 'not fuelling their egos' - that is a powerful statement unto itself - BUT WHAT WERE YOU THINKING PULLING UP A TV? ARE YOU NUTS?!?! If you were successful, we probably wouldn't be able to read your post today. ;D What? You wanted to know what it feels like to be moved by the 'Holy Spirit'? Go to a Poco church. It's a lot safer that way ;D
    man...you crack me up ;D

I failed cxc maths so I could not get into UWI so I went to work and the first thing I purchased was a pc in 1999. I just got hooked on it the rest is history

I wasn't the academic type. Did well in sports. Did get all seven O'Levels with 1s and 2s ( I really do beleive in God and his miracles as that was one of them) ;D

My mother wanted me to pursue some thing in business but i was darn reluctant, my dad saw this and said that maybe doing something practical may help to rejuvenate my desire for school. They enrolled me in 1993 to J.A.C.S (Jamaica Advanced Computer SYstem) a school in Montego Bay. I was introduced to pc repairs and maintenance, corel ventura DTP, FoxPro and basic did well but my love was the hardware part. 8) I got a diploma in Applied Computer Sciences in 1994.

Never looked back since!!! Thanks Mom & Dad

I made 50 posts in the forums ;D

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Menu
    I made 50 posts in the forums ;D
    Thats lovely Main Menu....

Keep it up.

Got the link from an administrator at work sent it to my email. thought its a kool idea joined up.
    Besides I love technology

What really happened was everyone got tired of writing on paper and figuring out calculations in their head... hence everyone was forced to become a techie... (could be a government conspiracy)

Quote Originally Posted by NeGatiVe
    What really happened was everyone got tired of writing on paper and figuring out calculations in their head... hence everyone was forced to become a techie... (could be a government conspiracy)
    hhhmmm... I never thought of that.. maybe we are all in a matrix.....

Windows 95...a little game called Wasteland, I remeber getting death threats from my cousin after using a knife to pick that little lock thingie that prevented u from turning on the PC just to play Dune....the Good old days 8)