Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You become A Techie??

Default Re:How Did You become A Techie??

slightly touched version :P
    ====================
    Well I started counting in binary at 3 months old..... and was touch typing before I could walk. If it wasn't for the carpal tunnel syndrome at age 4 ....

abridged real version
    ===================
    Got a commodore 64 (remember those?) round 1986. Learnt a little BASIC and played alot of test drive and epyx games (remember epyx?)

Eventually graduated to a PC. Finally in 1998 graduated to a Linux Box and haven't looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by odsamuels
    Aww man.. just reading all these gets me all tingly remembering... yep... the Good Ol' days. My experience is a lot like Xenocrates and some of the other guys... oh boy I remember those old games, Stunts was da bomb, dig dug, Gapper, Prince of Persia and all kindsa stuff.
    How about Load Runner?

Prolly Load Runner... remind me how'd that go, lemme tell you.

well i dont know if i am a techie,
    But those hours spent in the computer lab..not knowing that night has fallen..cooking up SBA..basic programs...word perfect...from the days we had to remember a set of key combinations totalling near to ten..

it all began in High school, we had to pass mathematics with 90% or more to get to sit at a computer (one of three) desperatly trying to beat typing tutor...

well as for cxc and sba and theory paper..man i failed not low though..i would pass now..given these standards.

i taught mi class at teachers college.. introduction to comps..i fell in love with PPatricia CClarke , because i realized i could get more music and make music with this complicated machine and so i began.
    i loved basic..but never got further than pascal.... :'( now i am a fool at this forum......no c++ not even C- .... ;D

lol dea_mus...join di club man.....

thanks man...i trying to..hard though... ...

But those hours spent in the computer lab..not knowing that night has fallen..
    Face the harsh reality, man. Those are the signs of a true techie. Don't fight it... Give in to the feeling.

Went to College after not getting into Law school (thanks to UWI's crappy points system) couldn't think of anything else that I wanted to do that was as/or more challenging or exciting, so I took up Computer Science as a minor to a Behvioural Science Major.

Got straight A's in my computer courses, and became a College lab tech, then moved up to Jnr sys Admin, Sys Admin, and in my third year when I finished the Behav Sci degree I figured why not finish the IT degree?

From MS-DOS to WinXP & RH9, and making my own 10 BASE Ts to routered networks... I just had to be a techie!! ;D

well lets see a friend of the family gave my brother a laptop for is birthday in 95 with games like duke nukem prince of persia and oregans trail being tha better gamer of the two i was on it most of the times.
    eventually my knowledge grew and i soon realized that i had the ability to do what most people call resource hacking ....i only hav the subject in cxc i've never done any courses and have taught myself all that i know .

i'm also a member of zion and my friends refer to me as neo

igodit Guest

Since the early age of 7, I think. Got some old magazie my Uncle left behind. Magazines like Bytes and a few others. Started looking at the hardware, computers, programinng code for games. Then I got a Tandy computer with a ROM chip. The unit hooked up to the TV as the display. By then I built a game in basic, something smilar to Minesweeper but not the graphical interface. Just selecting a number and avoid being caught.

Later on , got my second computer loaded with Windows 95. Was a charcoal color Acer, with 8MB of memory and a 1 GB HDD. Got internet sometime later, loan borrowed or steal I had to be online or on the local BBS. Hey you guys remember the two groups of hackers that was always at war LOD and MOD?