Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: How Did You become A Techie??

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_hm View Post
    How Did You become A Techie??

By being grounded, Yep, got punished for doing some crazy stuff when I was young, while being stuck in the house started fooling around the pc and loved it. Even took it apart just to see the parts (Got more punishment) and that's how it all started.
    I can relate, my first disassembly I can remember was a radio then I moved on to the television, for some reason I couldn't help myself I just wasted to see how it worked even when I know I would be punished.

was in ma blood lol, my first techie item was my snes . I saw it at a friend and had to get one. afterwards it was computers, cars and gadgets like ipods and other consoles of course

My comp went into some problems and i was forced to research to fix it

after i got tired of playing solitaire and renaming folders i went on the internet one day looking up crap abt windows vista when i found a book(can't quite remember the name) that had a chapter called Scripting with vb. I kinda liked the idea of creating little dialog boxes with Hello World so i dug up some more information on it and found out it was a branch of visual basic... so i quickly got a copy(pirated of course) and did my best to learn it, after i while i realized that it had silly limits so thats when i found c++ which was so inconspicuously sitting in the same IDE.. after fooling around with it... it somehow got introduced to open source... then... yh..
    Last edited by iKlsR; Oct 31, 2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: typo :3
    ► with me... now ■ and think...

spent too much time reading those old computer shopper broadsheets.

from i was 6 saw my uncle pulling up some old pc
    until i was 7 i start experiment on my grandma old pc
    fail at one point then succeed on the rest
    you gotta fail some and pass some

Well it started when I was about 8 with my first game Console (Atari) from them I was all hook to the tech side. With my first PC I made when I was 17.

was a house rat mainly. my mother didnt like me going outside and co mingling with neighbours so i stayed inside read, watch tv and lived around the pc and i guess thats how it started

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    was a house rat mainly. my mother didnt like me going outside and co mingling with neighbours so i stayed inside read, watch tv and lived around the pc and i guess thats how it started
    So planted in front of the PC all the time eh? Well it makes for good reading and learning. Keep it up.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

well to be blunt i remembered i went to a neighbours house and didnt hear my mother calling me and wen i came in she held me and gave me a fine *** whooping and said i shouldnt go to people house and so after i just didnt bother cause i didnt want another . then i got use to being in the house by myself and had the net and IM as entertainment and been living on it since tho now as an adult i broadened my entertainment toa lil party here and there but i still come back to my baby (laptop) LOL